Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

kinda early.... BB05

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain Region' started by Seventy4Blazer, Dec 23, 2004.

1. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

if it goes, and i think it will... i am going. unless im in the desert again anyway...

and if my ride isnt running, it may not be, then i will have room to tow someone who cant tow thier own. if Or2play cant go and my ride is running then i will still have room....
    so, what ya think?
    Grant

Last edited: Mar 16, 2006
  2. 70jimmy

70jimmy 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Released from Pueblo, told I belong in Southpark
    I already took about 3 weeks off so I don't miss it and the jimmy modification is moving along. I am getting ansy and its not even 2005!! Hoepfully a test run in Moab ahead of time is in the works. Definately a lot of local testing. See ya all there.

3. mrk5

mrk5 The Sticker Guy Moderator Vendor GMOTM Winner Author

I'm planning to take a week off, and spend the entire time in Moab around BB05. We want to run the entire White Rim trail in the Canyonlands.

:xmas:

4. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

I am going to make this my first one , already told the wife I am taking one of my weeks then :D Hopefully I am going truggy that week , but part of me wants to go sheetmetal too :xmas::xmas:

5. therobzilla

therobzilla 1/2 ton status

We will be there.......

BB05 will be out 4th bash. We will be there, Joey and I. Will take the complete week like last year.

Was thinking about doing a Cruces trip after or before the bash this year.

Nice looking tow rig, and trailer Grant, congradulation!!!!!

I'm going to get my Exhaust brake this week, and do the installation next week sometime. Thinking about the Banks kit, but Jacobs is a little cheaper.

Be safe over there and make sure you come back in one piece....

Merry Christmast and Happy New Year.

Rob

6. Seventy4Blazer

thanks rob. yeah, i missed bbo4 for some odd reason......

i soon hope to see my trailer. my leave dats are kinda set now, will be home march. my birthday is april.

with taxes i will be buying the doubler, when i get home, tube bender, welder and tires. maybe a plasma cutter. ill find a running engine, then start plumbing the brakes and fuel system. once the cage is done, seats and drive shafts. then it should be running. im getting 42 inch iroks. i want to get 49's for awe factor, but with 42's i dont have to re-gear. spool the rear and lock the front with an arb. tube the front end out as well.

anywho, thanks to all you guys, and see ya soon.
    Grant

7. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

Right now it's 3 below zero with over a foot of snow on the ground. Some warm red rocks sounds good! :xmas:

8. justhorsinaround

justhorsinaround 3/4 ton status

Yay, Grant! We'll see how things go this year and hopefully we will be in a positive financial situation come then and be able to go.

9. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

If I can make it out there I am going to even if it is just to ride again but I doubt I will be able to make it this year cominig up. I really want to see the assault on Upper Proving Grounds that is coming at BB05.

Harley

10. az-k5

az-k5 1/2 ton status

I am planning on going. Not sure about the K5 though. It will be ready but I don't like heights nor do I have access to a tow rig for the week. We'll see though.

11. Seventy4Blazer

yeah, it all depends on the blazer if i take it or not. but i had such a good time at BB03 that i will go with the trailer even if the blazer isnt running and split gas with whoever is on the back.

im looking for a running engine now to transfer the cam and TBI into. then a fuel system and the truck would be "running" just not driving.

it has a way to go still, but i have more cash now and plan on making it show in the blazer area. i also have to get the dodge converted to dually, and i would like ot keep the factory bed to do so. fiberglass is inexpensive, but one off fenders are not...
    Grant

12. or2play

or2play 1/2 ton status

Dang Grant, holy trailer. I'm going. Truck is going too if the roll cage is done and I have fuel injection. Gonna get busy when getting back from iraq. Can't wait to get rolling.

13. Seventy4Blazer

yeah, im buying tires and tube bender when we get back. so my cage, one of 4 big things holding me back, tires being abother, takes buying the WMS double being one of the 3rd and engine being the 4th(im gonna get an engine soon... i swear) i dont see a reason i shouldnt have the blazer driving in about 6 months after i get back.

i am going to stop by your can in the next couple of days...
    Grant