Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Kinda funny story about my friend and his ford.............

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Silver84k5, Feb 6, 2003.

1. Silver84k5

Silver84k5 1/2 ton status

Well we went wheeling about 2 weeks ago at browns camp and my buddy filled up 2 gas cans, one with Gas, and one with water, well the other day he told me his truck died right when he left his house and wouldnt start again, so couple days later i go over and we are checkin it out, and it seemed the Carb was gettin no fuel, i pulled off the fuel line to the carb and Fuel came gushin out............... Tonight our other buddy was over there, and they were rebuilding the carb and putting a offroad kit in there We figured the carb was just dirty and plugged up (kinda odd for a carb only 2 years old and barely used) we get the carb back on there and the motor still wont Run, we take the fuel line off again and my friend says "Theres a [censored] load of water in this Fuel"........... we all think that somone was Messin around with the truck trying to get revenge or somethin, Then my friend says "oh [censored] i think its my fault" come to find out he grabbed the wrong gas can and put abuot 5 gallons of water in his gas tank.........

2. heavy4x4

heavy4x4 1/2 ton status

Man, I swear - don't people know they color code those cans for a reason. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif Oh well - probably better than taking a big drink of gas. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

3. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

leave it to a ford driver /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

4. 4x4Freak

4x4Freak 1/2 ton status

That happened to my dad recently. We keep our gas cans laying outside. One of them has a vent on it that doesnt seal up too good and the rain water had gotten into it. My dad didnt know and poured it into his jeep. It would run ok with no load, but it had no power when trying to go. He ended up pulling the tank and draining it out.