Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

kinda funny

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by sapper, Jul 23, 2003.

1. sapper

sapper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Yesterday i decided to put on my new TCI tranny pan, its been here for a few weeks but i was tied up in suspension work and then needed a break from wrenching, so anyway i figure i have a hour and its a easy take and put on thing right? Well first let me say that ATF dripping with a strong wind is not to much fun, after the red shower was over i noticed that the filter on the 700 is alot different from a 350 so out comes the books with no good pics, then a call to a friend and then just decide it must work this way its the only way, luckilly that was right, so now covered in ATF, filter in place, its time for the pan, well sports fans a deep tranny pan will not fit between the tranny and the stock Y pipe, so after some head scratching, a few wacks with a BFH, out comes the angle grinder armed with a brand new cut off wheel, whack out a good section to hear from the house " I thought you would be done by now!!" Anyway, finally the pan goes on with no problems, 30 minutes of tightening allen bolts and its all secure, time for the new fluid, let me warn every one here that if you plan to install a cover of any kind with a drain plug, make sure it is TIGHT, the company that sent it to you might not have, luckilly it was on hand tight and the catch pan was in the right spot so it wasent to bad, now to deal with missing section of Y pipe, you know i plan to redo the entire exhast this winter so off to the auto parts store for some flex pipe, people these things only come with one clamp, buy one for the other side, it will save a trip. Anyway, completly mad that a simple upgrade took so long because of piss poor planning i take a shower and play with the kids, still a little mad, but this morning i drank coffee out of my new stainless steel cup from CK5 with the famous logo "Built not Bought" i love this -hit /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. SF87K5

SF87K5 1/2 ton status

LOL Dont tell me when we come down on sunday I need to bring a change of clothes. LOL At least you know what to do for when we start on my 85. LOL

3. SUBFAN

SUBFAN 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif
    That is exactly how every day goes for me....It just conjures up memories of mishaps that are kind of funny now.

4. OffRoad

OffRoad 1/2 ton status

f*ckin A!! /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

i was just to a guy at work about stuff i've done on my atv and when i've been stuck in teh snow and it's -15C and -25C w/ the windchill. and i was grinning as i told the story.

*puts on flame suit*
    i still say that ony guys who run total open top and pop the windshield YEAR ROUND are as tough as atv guys, there's no heater no a/c, hell no roof or windshield to cut the wind and rain.

anyway, glad you had fun in the end, and most of all, glad you can look back on this and smile. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif