Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Kinda like

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Z3PR, Jan 13, 2003.

1. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

These rims [​IMG] AR-39

2. supersize75

supersize75 1/2 ton status

dont like um but if your happy we're happy /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> Welcome to the 80s! You going to paint the black part to match your truck? /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif Just giving you sh!t, if you like em then go for it. I like steel, more durable and easier to pound dents out of. </font color>

4. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I like the looks of those rims, but I'm getting the steel wagon wheels painted white.

5. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> Cool, probably way less expensive, but alot more durable. That is a good thing in my book. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif </font color>

6. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I'm probley going to order them through "Wheels of Steel". I want custom back spacing on the rears to line the tires up with the front. I'll order them in basic grey primer and paint them white myself. I was quoted $288.94 delivered to my front door for (3) 15x10 with 4" back spacing and (2) 15x10 with 2.5" back spacing. Not too bad a price with the shipping.

7. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> That's pretty cheap. I'm not really convinced about the different backspacing though, it's going to really cut down on the rotating that you can do. Aggressive tires need to be rotated fairly often to get the bast life out of them, and you're going to need to swap the rims in order to bring the rears up front and vice-versa. I just don't think the 3" difference is a big enough deal to offset the problems. Just my opinion though. </font color>

8. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Ya know, I never thought about the rotation the tires issue. Maybe I'd be better off just ignoring the fact that the rears sit inwards alittle. Thanks, you probly saved me a headake latter on.