Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

kinda long-wheelin tonight- sat night... my first real stuck!!!!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by NCblackandredk5, Sep 28, 2002.

1. NCblackandredk5

NCblackandredk5 1/2 ton status

went wheelin with 91k5nc tonight, rode some power lines... there was me with 35" bfg muds, drew (91k5nc) on 33" all terrains, and a stock heep cherokee... well drew went first in his k5, then the heep, then me... the heep got buried to the frame, we pulled him out... typical, then on the way out, i was in the back, and we got to the last hole before you hit pavement again... well i watched them go through and drew got through ok... no real ruts yet... the heep hit the hole goin about 35-40... and then it was my turn.. i rolled up to the hole slowly... tryin to pick a line where i could put on a show... i stopped looked... then punched it... got almost all the way through.... and then sunk... the biggest truck- stuck... dangit!!!! so i try to rock it out but keep hitting the berm at the end of the ruts i have made... we look out of the window and the 35's are buried all except for about 6-8 inches- all 4 and im not locked up front... so finally i tucked my tail in between my legs and called for the strap... we got it out fairly easily.. but i know now that i need more tire/engine/bigger axles.... time to take out that loan i guess... ill try to get pics of the ruts so yall can see how deep they are.... it was def fun though!!!

2. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

cool sounds like some fun! /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

3. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

cool now post the pics /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

4. MudbogAD

MudbogAD 1/2 ton status

I am almost setup for that now. I need a front driveshaft and then I'll be ready for anything!!! /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

5. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

If it's isn't coming in the doors then you werent' really stuck. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif Brake peddle was in muddy water on this one. On level fround the mud line accross the front turnsignal was 40 inches. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif
    [​IMG]

6. NCblackandredk5

NCblackandredk5 1/2 ton status

i was close to that deep... but there wasnt much water... just thick, clay based mud- you know the stuff that is hard as he!! to sling out no matter how fast you turn the tires... anyway, gotta borrow a buddys digital camera and go back for more /forums/images/icons/grin.gif