Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

kinda same as uglychevy383 ordeal

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by JimmyJuneau, Jan 7, 2003.

1. JimmyJuneau

JimmyJuneau 1/2 ton status

My aunt and uncel and about 5 other people went to a restaraunt the other night and they ordered and ate there food and when the bill came it was 139 bucks no problem so they paid it and gave the girl a tip and left. Well come to find out someone screwed up entering the digits in the computer at the restaraunt and they didnt charge there debit card on which they paid 139 bucks nop they charged $1400 dollars. ANd of course the bank and the restaraunt are both denying fault so now my aunt has to call somone and bitch them out about it.

2. gokartergo

gokartergo 3/4 ton status Staff Member Moderator

About 2 months ago I went in to the Napa dealer and bought some oil and grease. The total came out to $23.00 even.. I had them put it on my Visa.. I signed the tag and left.. I forgot something and went back the next.. I grew up with John behind the counter.. He laughs and said do I have the tag from the day before.. I said it is in the truck.. I went out and got it.. He hit the decimal point wrong and charged my card $2300.00.. He had all ready caught it and credited my card.. Man would I have been pissed on my next statement....

3. chevyracing

chevyracing 1/2 ton status

That is why when you make small purchases like food and some parts it is wise to use a card that has a very low max. Also, if the charge on my everyday use card is more than 200 bucks I have to talk to the credit card company on the phone or they will not put it through.

John