Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

King Coil Overs

Discussion in 'OffRoad Design' started by DaveCowley, Jan 6, 2003.

1. DaveCowley

DaveCowley 1/2 ton status

Stephen I need to know if you can get me a price on King Coil Overs. I need the 2" variety with dual rate springs, No remote reservoir. I have not been able to get a straight price from anyone. Factory Tubular in SLC tells me plan on between $500-$650 a piece. If you can do better or be more specific on price I would buy them from you.

Thanks in advance
    Dave Cowley

2. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

Dave, we don't re-sell the King shocks since there's a lot more to it than just selling the shocks, like valving, carrying the springs, etc. I'd recommend either going with fac. tubular since they're local and could probably work with you on the valving and spring rates if you don't hit your numbers just right. The other option would be to talk to King directly.

What are you working on? If these are going on a truck, get the 2.5", you'll need the bigger springs and the extra damping won't hurt either.

3. DaveCowley

DaveCowley 1/2 ton status

Actually not going on my Jimmy but my friend and I were looking at changing his 98 Grand Cherokee over to Kings when he did long arms. He pretty much decided that they were too pricy, He couldn't find anything cheaper. So he is just going to use the seperate coil and shock setup. Thanks a lot anyways stephen.

Dave Cowley

4. yotapunk

yotapunk Registered Member

Hey Dave..
    I'm new to this site but if someone told you that 2.0 king dual rate coilovers were about 600-650 a piece - someone lied. However, I would recommend a 2.5" shock if this is going on a grand cherokee, 2.0 shocks are more for sand rails which are much lighter. A 2.0 on a cherokee would fade really fast and the ride would turn to crap. I run sway away 2.5" race runner dual rate coil overs on my Toyota race truck and the ride is great. General price for 2.5" saw shock with 10-18" shaft is gonna run you about 302 a piece then you need the dual rate hardware which is about 110, then about 80 bucks per coil.

Hope this helps.