Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Kingpin Question

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Paxx, Sep 17, 2004.

1. Paxx

Paxx 1/2 ton status

Ok when I first got my 60 I checked the kingpins and they seemed fine. ie grabbed the knuckle and reefed on it looking for play and there was none.

So I tore the 60 apart and inspected everything repacked the bearings etc. When I was putting the rotor back on to the drivers side I noticed that the kingpin bushing had popped out and now the whole knuckle is loose as hell. I tried to get the bushing back in but it wouldn't sink all the way in. So I tried to put the cap and spring back on to see if that would seat the bushing but no luck. When the cap was on I checked the knuckle and it all seemed nice and tight again but as soon as I took it back off it was loose and the bushing was still not seated. How the hell do I fix this /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

This is the last thing I need to do before I install it under my truck. Please /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

Thanks
    ~Max

2. dhdescender

dhdescender 1/2 ton status

Qualicum Beach, British Columbia, Canada - Eh.
    I had that happen once. Take the wheel off the truck (obviously). The teflon has a ridge in it that you have to match up with a keyway in the knuckle, line it up, push down, and in the meantime wriggle the knuckle a bit, that should allow it to worm its way back donw far enough.