Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

kitchen items you'v taken in the garage

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by rdn2blazer, Dec 19, 2005.

1. rdn2blazer

rdn2blazer 1 ton status Premium Member

what kitchen or house hold items have you taken from your womans kitchen with or with out her permission?

I have taken a bacon fry screen to sift large debree out of grit blasting grit.

coffee cups to soak paint can tips in paint thinner.

assorted cups to use as water dip buckets when grinding a part on the disc or bench grinder.

tupperware bowles to clean parts in (before my parts washer)

towels to clean up or wipe down something.

and atleast two turkey basters to suck brake fluid out of master cylinders.

and other misc. stuff i cant think of. its a necessary thing sometimes but they just dont understand. she gets pissed but i got to do what i got to do :D. you can't just shove all the tools you got drug out just to run to the auto parts store for some minor detail. when i come in from the garage and start rumaging around in the kitchen drawers my woman starts sayin what the hell are you lookin for, get the hell out of my kitchen. its funny.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2011
  2. Inu-Hanyou1776

Inu-Hanyou1776 1/2 ton status

If I had a wife and garage, I wouldn't be doing that kind of stuff at all. Keeping her happy and not getting on her bad side would be top priority. If I needed a cup to mix something in, I'd instead beforehand get me a bunch of stainless steel coffee cups and use them instead.

3. 73k5blazer

73k5blazer Unplug the matrix cable from the back of your head Premium Member

Beer..ooh, does that count?

The other way around...a buddy in college wanted to get a diff cover nice a sparkly, so in a lame attempt to do so, he brought his diff cover in the house and baked it in the oven. You know that nice gear oil smell that doesn't go away, the whole house for a month.....

4. theperfectgarage

theperfectgarage 1/2 ton status

Dang! that explains why she's always unhappy and I'm on her bad side alwaysl Thanks. lol. Also, she REALLY likes the timing covers and np 208 case halfs in the dishwasher.

5. TruckNutzDude

TruckNutzDude 1/2 ton status

LOTS of hand towels
    scissors
    baking soda (neutralizes battery acid and it's cool when you add vinegar!)

That's about it other than leaving greasy hand prints all over the fridge and the door handles nobody seems to mind.

6. rdn2blazer

good god man, could you be any more straight and narrow, i replace them, i tell her buy what you want and i give her money for it. relax dude.

7. 3 on the tree

3 on the tree 1/2 ton status

Ya know those dish clleaning brushes make pretty good parts cleaning brushes! Also, a big roast pan is the PERFECT size for cleaning a Holley carb.

8. MTBLAZER89

MTBLAZER89 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Tuperware bowl for misc stuff. I have used a few of the bigger bowls to drain stuff. I use a crock pot full of simple green to clean parts. Works great. She was mad, but I bought her a bigger stainless one so all is good now:D

9. dogdaysunrise

dogdaysunrise 1/2 ton status

the all mighty slot screwdriving butter knife. Many tupperware containers for cleaning parts and holding fluids, the blowdryer (not from the kitchen, but actually has worse consquences (sp?)) to thaw out locks and what not and the recent sh!t disturber was an oven mit to pick up something still hot from welding.

10. dogdaysunrise

She takes stuff out of the garage to do terrible things to them all the time. I have found a pair of long nose needle nose plyers used to pull up hair from the drain, a ratchet used as a blunt object :eek1: and various others that were used for useless stuff.

All is fair.

11. bigjbear

bigjbear 1 ton status Staff Member Moderator

10 quart stock pot, tupperware, dish-rags (the good ones, once) and a cheep chef's knife. I also keep a can of tuna fish and some crackers out there so I don't have to stop working if I get hungry. As a kid I remember my dad using the plastic containers that frozen, concentrated, orange juice came in to hold nuts & bolts.

12. bigjbear

bigjbear 1 ton status Staff Member Moderator

I made her a tool box of her own to keep her out of the garage (& my stuff). A small tote box with a hammer, 1/2 dozen screwdrivers, pliers, needle-nose plires, ruler, tape measure, pencil, some screws and nails, and a light bulb. If the job takes more than that, she is going to get me anyway.

13. dogdaysunrise

see i did the same thing, but "its all the way in the closet, the garage is closer" the garage door is right off the kitchen....

14. rdn2blazer

HELL YEA! makes a good pry tool too.:saweet:

15. RustyParts

RustyParts 1/2 ton status

Cooking thermometer and egg whipper for stirring paint.:o

16. k20

k20 3/4 ton status

My moms electric knife,a ladel, towels, random pans when I needed a piece of sheetmetal for something :eek1: (she still aint missed em, musta not needed em), and a big steel pot for soaking parts in cleaner. I had em in some of her tupperware till the cleaner ate through the plastic:eek1: .

17. Inu-Hanyou1776

Inu-Hanyou1776 1/2 ton status

Okay, never mind then. I take back what I said. Take what you want!:haha: :haha:

18. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Don't currently have a garage, but a few years back when I did, a toaster oven comes in handy for stuff like Hot Pockets. Oh, also had a old fridge out in the garage too.

19. kick

kick 1/2 ton status

Turkey baster-syringe type thing. Measuring cup. Not a kitchen thing but I use a big cat litter box for draining fluids.

20. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

Her "Good Glass" mixing bowls for parts washers. Her big spaghetti pot for changing anti-freeze. Nice cook pots used for oil pans. Her good dish towels are now completely hidden and no more bath towels for oil spills. Sharpened up a couple good spoons for gasket scrapers. Her favorite big spoon for mixing concrete. Those are a few I remember over the years together.