Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Klez worm problem

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by thatK30guy, Aug 21, 2003.

1. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

Since my Norton is fawked up now and I don't know where the software is (think I loaned it out to someone), I used the www.housecall.com site for their free anti-virus scan. Turns out I've got 5 Klez worm viruses on my files and when I tried to delete them, it would not do it. Said something about not being able to delete them because they were "still in use." Hello! I know they are still in use because they are screwing my computer up! /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

What do I need to do to get them off for good? I'm waiting for a co-worker to bring her Norton software from home tomorrow for me to download and then do another scan.

Right now, the screen moves down with my cursor very slowly and choppy. Not smooth scrolling at all. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

HELP! I'm tired of this crap! /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

2. RingMaster4x4

RingMaster4x4 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Here is some info. on how to remove the virus.

Symantec.com

And here is the link to the removal tool.

Klez removal tool

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

Thanks Todd! Got them off easily! Gonna save this thread to my favorites for later use. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. RingMaster4x4

RingMaster4x4 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I use it for work all the time. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif So it was handy. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Just glad to help.