Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

klune-v 32 spline to 700r4

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by TOMER, Nov 9, 2004.

1. TOMER

TOMER Registered Member

Hello guys
    I have the apportunity to buy klune-v "Goliath" (2.7 : 1) for a good price , the klune have 32 spline input and output(already have the np205).
    My question is if I buy the 32 spline output for the 700r4 from ORD,Is it possible to assemble the klune to the 700r4? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Thanks in advance

tomer

2. az-k5

az-k5 1/2 ton status

Because your 700R4 has a 241 on it already the klune will boly right up. The 205 needs an adapter for either bolt pattern (round 6/fig 8) so it can clear the shift rails. It is a kick ass option to go with. I would put one in if the TH350->Klune adapte wasn't $225.

3. TOMER

TOMER Registered Member

Hi az-k5,the klune that I want to buy already have the adapter.
    I was wondering if the ORD 32 spline output shaft good with the klune 32 spline???

tomer

4. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

ORD doesn't make a 32 spline shaft for the 700r4, the shaft you are seeing is for the sm465. no one makes a 32 spline shaft for a 700r4 that i know of, you may beable to take a 700r4 shaft and a th400 shaft to a machine shop and have them make you one, but you would have to disasemble the 700r4 to install it.

there was a post at pirate4x4 a few days ago about cutting a main shaft.

5. az-k5

az-k5 1/2 ton status

Ya that shaft is the one you want. It is the short 32 spline NP205 input shaft. www.drivetrain.com has them for $95. It is the same one as ORD just half the price. They also offer a heavy duty one for truck pulls, but I talked with them and they said it is overkill for our applications. That is wear I got mine. The NP205->klune adapter is only $50 so don't make that a major selling point. But to reasure you the 32 spline 205 with a klune is the way to go. The 2.72 crawl nets you another 35% more low range than an ORD doubler.

The 700R4 is a bolt on for the klune. If the klune you are looking at is 32 spline on both sides than it is probably for a TH400. Check out www.klunev.com for details on what works and what modifications are neccesary. They have most of the specs for the more popular applications on the site.

6. TOMER

TOMER Registered Member

thanks guys.........you are definitely right I didnt pay much attention ,ORD talking about shorter shaft for the 700r4 to mach the np203 /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif .

tomer