Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Klune V R.A.D. valve stem

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by BIGJ, Mar 28, 2002.

1. BIGJ

BIGJ 1/2 ton status Author

Anybody used these <a target="_blank" href=http://www.klunev.com/page_rad_overview.htm>http://www.klunev.com/page_rad_overview.htm</a>

It looks like it should work really well, has anyone tried these out yet? Just wanting some feedback before I plunk down $100 and drill holes in my new wheels.

BIGJ

2. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

$100? OUCH! From what I have read in mags they work well, but thats pretty dang spendy. I dunno about you guys, but just using a $2 screw on deflator gizmo... one tire at a time... I have never been the last guy ready to go from the step-off-point on a 4x4 run...now that my gf will be goin' with me I'll be ready to go 2x as fast. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif Those Klunes are cool, but the cost is laughable.

J

3. BIGJ

BIGJ 1/2 ton status Author

That's what I was thinking, 100 bucks is way too much for some valve stems, but I thought I'd at least ask.

I may end up using the 2 dollar gizmo or keep pulling the cores like I'm doing now.

BIGJ

4. Ryeguy

Ryeguy 1/2 ton status

Yeah, I just use a $2 gizmo to pull the valve cores.

But when we do that, guys in Kelowna give us funny looks. They just run with steel valve stem caps that come with seals in them. And no valve cores. Period. One guy went so far as to re-drill his rims to a larger fitting, that a regular valve stem would fit into. He just twists out the valve stem to air down quicker (big hole, 44's), and uses the valve stem (sans core) for airing back up.

--Rob

5. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

FWP had a nice set up on his truck. I didn't see them up close, but he went to every tire, and did something with valve stems, and they would deflate. All four tires where deflateing at once. Once he was down to the right pressure in the wheel he started with he would just go around the truck and turn the vavles off. It was pretty sweet. You might PM him and ask him what he has on there.