Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Klune-V Underdrives, are these good for anything?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by TrcksR4ME, May 15, 2002.

1. TrcksR4ME

TrcksR4ME 1/2 ton status

I saw the add in the back of my 4x4 mag and checked out the web site. Sounds like a cool deal, 2.7:1 low range. Can put it on any 205 transfer case. No prices though, I take it these must cost a fortune?

I was just wondering if anyone was running one or knew anything about them. Sounds like an easier mod to do as far as labor and custom fabbing is concerned.

2. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

I looked in to them once and I think they were around $2000 or so. They were also around six inches long and needed a 3/4 inch adapter for the 205. far cheaper to go with a doubler and I think that the doubler is shorter but not certain on that.

3. four_by_ken

four_by_ken 1/2 ton status

You have the right idea on them. And yes, they are very expensive.
    But, no I dont have one. Went for the dual case setup.

Ken H.

4. TrcksR4ME

TrcksR4ME 1/2 ton status

Yeah, I see the price is in the $2000 range /forums/images/icons/frown.gif. I like the idea, but don't understand the price.

Now only if ORD offered an easy solution to my TH350 205 that didn't involve a $200 part and machine shop work. Thats the one thing I don't like about their kit since finding a TH400 205 is like finding a dana 60 these days.

5. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

The price is because the Klune-V includes everything you need. It's built from scratch, including the internal gears and such. The doubler from www.offroaddesign.com is cheaper since you supply your own NP203 low range unit. /forums/images/icons/cool.gif The doubler provides the adapters and such needed to attach the NP203 to an NP205.

6. m j

m j 1/2 ton status

they dont really supplyt anything that they dont charge you out the AXX for.
    see the price of simple plate adapters?
    I see they took that info off the website, I recall it was $500 at each end of the $1800 range box or something equally ridiculous

7. TrcksR4ME

TrcksR4ME 1/2 ton status

I am so close but so far away. Have a truck with a 203 now, and a 205 in the garage, just the wrong 205. I could sell it or convert it, but either way the solution is not simple.

If they only had one that was more universal /forums/images/icons/frown.gif. Oh well, no reason to kick a dead mule /forums/images/icons/smile.gif