Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

KMA bumpers

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Kodiak, Mar 18, 2000.

1. Kodiak

Kodiak 1/2 ton status

Mar 17, 2000
    I am looking for a strong bumper/tire carrier. What are the pros/cons for the KMA. Are there better for the money?
  2. Corey-88K5

Corey-88K5 1/2 ton status

Feb 17, 2000
    Home: Michigan, Stationed: Hill AFB (Home of Moab.
    Here are a couple ideas I've had to improve on the KMA's multicarrier. Have them make your rearbumper so the bolt for the swingaway is incorporated into the bottom of the bumper. You would than have to either mount the actual carrier before mounting the bumper, or not have the bolt welded onto the carrier. Another idea is to have the acual carrier have a "hinge" for lack of better words that would allow the tire to be dropped so it was level with the tailgate. You wouldn't beable to drop the gate with the tire down, but you could use it as a work bench. Granted you could just use the tailgate, but why the heck not make it a little cooler. One other thing I thought about is a latch to hold the tire carrier OPEN. There has been countless times I've had to leave the gate open and not had a way to secure the carrier. I usually just use a cord or something, but I'm sure there is a better way.

Also get a axe & shovel mount incorporated. I'm planning one along with a Jerri can holder.

[​IMG]<font color=blue>Girls Like Guys In Bow Ties</font color=blue>
    <font color=red>http://www.geocities.com/corey_perez