Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

KMA Multi-Carrier, opinions?

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Racefreak, Jun 2, 2002.

1. Racefreak

Racefreak Registered Member

Howdy! I need to get this spare OUTTA HERE! My spare is a 33" KO on a 15X10 chrome wheel. I also need to tow a 22" Center Console boat, around 1900 lbs. The logical direction seems to be the Multi-Carrier, by KMA.
    http://www.kenmtn.com/html/multi-carrier.html

Logical is not always best though! I hear they are expensive. how much are they, also what does shipping run approx?

I could get the hitch from Spillar Hitches in Austin for $150 + tax, installed. That doesn't solve my spare problem though.
    The 33" won't fit inside lengthways unless I move the bench forward about 6". It will fit widthways, with no room for my 12" subwoofer enclosure. This SUCKS! What looks cool about the multi-carrier is no drilling into my body panels.
    Does ANYONE have a multi-carrier mounted on a first gen? If so, I would love to see some pics! From the KMA pics it looks like there's gas cans mounted behind the spare on a Jeep application as well. That would be cool for going to Big Shell, on Padre Island, TX. Extra fuel is MANDATORY out there. Thanks!

2. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

Look in the mebers photo section in Robzilla's stuff. He has KMA bumpers on his truck. Some people love KMA and some people hate them. Both Rob and I personaly know Kyle at KMA. He's done good work for us but We were actually at his shop while he built the bumper. I'n my case he helped me fab up a new tail pan. I made my own bumpers. Steve had some problems with him. Most of the problems he had was Kyle not returning calls and not delivering when he said he would. Kyle has some office and fabricaion help and things seem to be improving.

3. ntaj*ep

ntaj*ep 1/2 ton status

Check out my home page I have a swing out Carrier in back and a KMA wincher in front. They aren't the best pictures but let me know if you like the style. I'll try to dig up the info on it for ya.

4. BobK

BobK 1/2 ton status

Petrolia,Ontario,Canada but working in Port Huron,
    I made my own H/D rear tire carrier.I run a 33" tire mounted to 15"x8" factory rallies.I had a factory tire carrier that mounted to the pass. rear quarter panel but it cound't handle the wieght of the 33.
    You can see one pic of it in "my CK5 pic's" in my sig.
    For more detailed pic's you can click here:
    http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4292331995

5. nvrenuf

nvrenuf NONE shall pass! Premium Member

Hey Grimm, do you know of anyone with a KMA rear winch bumper? I've seen pics of the regular bumper but never a winch bumper.

Thanks
    John

6. Racefreak

Racefreak Registered Member

Thanks! I spoke with Kyle yesterday on the bumper. He said 10 days out before shipping. Wow, that's fast. Not sure if I want the 5 or 6" tall one, same $.

7. 1Blazin71

1Blazin71 1/2 ton status

I have been considering a KMA bumper too but got scared away by some of the negative feedback about their quaility and follow-through.

Maybe things are better with them now....most of the bad comments were more than a year ago.

I hope your order goes smoothly and that you'll update us with news of progress or issues?