Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

KMA Multi-Carrier

Discussion in 'OffRoad Design' started by cdh, May 21, 2002.

1. cdh

cdh Registered Member

I am thinking about orgering a multi-carrier from Kennesaw Mountain Accessories. Has anyone dealt with KMA, and do you like the product?

Thanks for your input.

2. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

this post belongs in a different forum... we're talking ORD stuff here! /forums/images/icons/smile.gif That said, I have a KMA wincher bumper. They make quality bumpers, but expect a month or more of a wait for it to be delivered to ya. Ya may get it faster if you harp on them via the phone every day... but lots of people have reported slow service.

J

3. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

Do a search on them and you should find what yer lookin' for, most people have had bad service with them

4. finnd

finnd Registered Member

I guess I can finally voice my opinion, since I have finaly received my bumper.

I initiated conversation with Kyle at KMA in the beginning of January and was give a price qoute and told it would take only two weeks to complete, since they were not very busy. I used PayPal to transfer my funds to Kennesaw Mountain Accessories on January 8th of 2002. After two weeks, I called and was told it would be another two weeks. Two weeks after that, I was told they were getting ready to build it.

In the middle of March I recieved the bumper and it looked good and solid. But it did not have the tabs for rear lights that I wanted, and it did have reverse lights in the bumper, that I did not want. That was the smallest of the problems though. When I went to mount the bumper on my truck (1997 GMC Yukon) the mounting tabs on the bumper ended an inch before the mounting holes on my frame began. I called them immediatety at which point the guy walked across the street, looked at a neighbors suburban, and came back on the phone and told me their mounting brackets were 2" two short.

WTF they used as a model to determine how to create the mounting brackets, I have no idea. After some heated words, I shipped the bumper back to them at their cost, with the assurance I would have it back in my posesion in . . . all together now . . . two weeks. They also agreed to toss in a free Line-X type of spray job and assured me it would actually be test fitted on a similar vehicle before they shipped it.

Well, I got the bumper on the 13th of May. It looks very nice, especially with the spray on liner. They packed it up very poorly so all 4 corners of the bumper had the liner rubbed off though.

The final product, problems not-withstanding, is very good and solid. I researched KMA before I ordered and knew it would take longer then they said, I expected 2-3 months. I did not expect that they would just guess at the frame rail mount placement or that I would not recieve the bumper 4 months after I paid for it.

So, if you have the time and patience to wait for a good solid bumper, these are your people. Just hound them on the phone all the time.

Good luck