Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Know about coilover shocks anyone???

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by cris, Mar 26, 2003.

1. cris

cris Registered Member

I have an 88 /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif right now running 35in super swapers and pretty soon here (tires getting bald) I'm going to go to 38s (want to keep'em Radial) any way I want to redesign my suspension to lift it /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif, I want to do a dual 4 link front and rear. I'm looking in to coil overs, right now I have a 4in suspension 3 in body lift I want to fit the tires and have plent of travel and a great ride to it. So far finding info or technical jargan has been hard to come across, I heard they work great for lighter trucks but I have a suburban that weighs just under 8000 pounds. I'm planning to add A full roll cage pretty soon for body streight and safety(I cracked one of the rear windows flexing ) If you have some on your rig or just want to put in your knowledge, oh yeah and probably most important how much $$$$ I figure It will be a pretty penny. Thanks
    O=====NNNNNN>O <----(supost to be a shock)

Cris Ramos

2. Michael

Michael 1/2 ton status

3. cris

cris Registered Member

thanks for the info the SWAY AWAY link is really helpful hope fully pretty soon I'll buy a digital cam and have pics up of the /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

4. Michael

Michael 1/2 ton status

You might try out this long thread over at race-dezert.com
    They're really into the 3-4 links for the rear...not so much for the front, as most are 2wd. Lots of pics so let it all load....

Rear Links 101

5. 85m1009

85m1009 1/2 ton status

Does this count?
    [​IMG]

I am running 16 inch travel King's front and rear, you can order them with heavier or lighter coils and they will match the shock characteristics to vehicle weight and intended use. They are very customer oriented. There are more pictures on my web site.

6. Michael

Michael 1/2 ton status

Too cool!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. Alaska Offroad

Alaska Offroad Registered Member

Chris, There is some information and pictures on what I did to install my CO's on the front of my 76 chevy. It has little in common with your application but we do share similar frame geometry, and front of cab locations. Some interesting points are brought out in the thread that you will have to consider as you design your suspension.

Project Freak - 76 chevy with Link Suspension front and rear.

8. Michael

Michael 1/2 ton status

That's an awesome thread Brook! Great fabrication also! I was gonna reply over there, but I didn't have time to fool with the registration. Great job so far!!

If you guys haven't seen it...go check it out... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif