Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Know your Laws!!

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain Region' started by Seventy4Blazer, Mar 12, 2003.

1. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

one of the biggest things i try to do is know waht i can and cant do legaly. that way WHEN i break a law, because we all do big or small(i try to stick to the SMALL ones,) i know the lop holes and all that. i also know how to get things dropped, and how to get things lowered.

me knowing the AZ laws even though i am new to the state helped a few of my co-workers.

so, here is a link to ALL the AZ laws.
    http://www.azleg.state.az.us/ars/ars.htm
    section 28 is auto stuff. good stuff. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    grant

2. FWP

FWP CRS

Very good link, I used it myself before I moved to AZ 3 years ago.... My Favorite, being a 2DSW /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif driver....28-958.01

3. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

28-958. Tire equipment restrictions

A. A solid rubber tire on a vehicle shall have rubber on its entire traction surface at least one inch thick above the edge of the flange of the entire periphery.

B. A tire on a vehicle that is moved on a highway shall not have on its periphery any block, stud, flange, cleat, spike or other protuberance that is made of any material other than rubber and that projects beyond the tread of the traction surface of the tire, except that it is permissible to use:

1. Farm machinery with tires having protuberances that will not injure the highway.

protuberance huh...
    pro·tu·ber·ance ( P ) Pronunciation Key (pr-tbr-ns, -ty-, pr-)
    n.
    Something, such as a bulge, knob, or swelling, that protrudes.
    The condition of being protuberant.

thats like a 3 dollar word...
    grant

4. FWP

FWP CRS

I mean this one......

28-958.01. Rear fender splash guards

A. A person shall not operate a <font color="red"> truck, trailer, semitrailer or bus </font> on a highway unless the vehicle is equipped with rear fender splash guards that comply with the specifications provided in this section.

B. The splash guards:

1. Shall be attached in a manner that prevents the splashing of mud or water on the windshield of other motor vehicles.

2. Shall extend to a length of not more than eight inches from the ground.

3. Shall be wide enough to cover the full tread or treads of the tires being protected.

4. Shall be installed close enough to the tread surface of the tire or wheel to control the side throw of the bulk of the thrown road surface material.

5. May be constructed of a flexible rubberized material.

6. Shall be attached in a manner that, regardless of movement either in the splash guards or the vehicle, the splash guards retain their general parallel relationship to the tread surface of the tire or wheel under all ordinary operating conditions.

C. This section does not apply to:

1. A vehicle commonly known as a pickup truck with a manufacturer's rating of three-quarter ton or less, except that this section applies if the pickup truck has been modified from the original bumper height design to raise the center of gravity of the pickup truck.

2. A truck tractor or converter dolly when used in combination with another vehicle.

3. A single axle trailer with fenders wide enough to cover the full tread or treads of the tires being protected and that extend to a length of not more than fourteen inches from the ground.