Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

kobe ownz all!!!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by jekbrown, Feb 22, 2003.

1. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

is there any question that Kobe is going to lead the lakers to yet another title?! If shaq can even be 80% during the playoffs, the Lake Show is gonna be tough to stop. They have smacked down both dallas and portland recently, and if they can get past Sacramento, they will be golden. back to back to back to back championships. Not since the 60s! w00t!

j

2. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Basketball sucks! /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

3. Chris87K5

Chris87K5 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]Very True!!!!!

4. Swanson52

Swanson52 1/2 ton status

All of that is contingent on Shaq being healthy. Shaq=Championships in LA. No Shaq=No Playoffs.

5. Tybee

Tybee 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]Very True!!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]
    Agreed!!!

6. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

Go Kings! /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif

7. schmuck

schmuck 1/2 ton status

yeah i agree also **** basketball

8. jekbrown

yeah, the lakers need shaq. but once he retires, kobe can carry the team *if* they build the team around him (like da bulls did with mj, their centers always sucked hard...). At any rate, GO LAKERS!!!!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

j

9. jackedjimmy350

jackedjimmy350 1/2 ton status

dirk and the mavs wont be stopped.

10. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Go Kings! /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

I think Kobe is a great player, but he's a big jerk. It's hard for me to cheer for someone who acts like the world revolves around him and he invented basketball. If he didn't act like such a turd, I would be a big fan!

11. balzackks84

balzackks84 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

I hate the lakers! They can all go get molested in a maxumum security prison for all i care. I think Portland can and will take them this year if they meet in the playoffs.

12. Swanson52

Swanson52 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]

I think Kobe is a great player, but he's a big jerk. It's hard for me to cheer for someone who acts like the world revolves around him and he invented basketball. If he didn't act like such a turd, I would be a big fan!

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, because there are NO OTHER pro athletes like that. Elitism is part of da game. No pro athlete thinks he is the everyman.

13. ChevyCaGal

I never heard of anyone else making them put a curtain in the locker rooms so he wouldn't have to be with the team before the game. There's being good and knowing it, then there is being good and being a big turd....

14. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

I can't wait until Dr. J and the Sixers rebound.

15. jekbrown

[ QUOTE ]
    dirk and the mavs wont be stopped.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, they cant even hold a 30 pt lead against the lakers... they have got slapped around by sacramento too this year havent they? /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif In all seriousness, I agree the mavs are a very good team and have had a great year thus far... but I'll be a true believer when they beat san antone/portland/LA/Sac (one of em atleast) in a 7 game series.

AFA Kobe being a "jerk" I have no idea what you're talking about. Do you have specific examples of this or...? He always seems nice enough in interviews and stuff. I don't know him personally, maybe you do. At any rate, the guy is one of the premier players in the game... most guys at that level have a good amount of ego... it just comes with the package. Guys like Iverson, McGrady, Shaq etc all have the "no one can stop me" thing going to some degree. One my moms good friends from work met MJ in person once, said he was "the biggest jerk ever"... perhaps mj is... perhaps he was just having a bad day. Who can say... the point is, professional athletes frequently have a pretty big ego and its definitely the kind of thing where you have to either a) ignore it and just enjoy the game or b) quit watching the sport. As cool as it would be if all pro athletes were Barry Sanders-esque... the nature of the beast pretty much guarentees that that isnt going to happen.

anyway, GO LAKERS!!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

j

16. ChevyCaGal

I watched a whole hour show about him on one of the sports channels about a month ago. It was really good. It spoke about how much of disliked player he is. I think he's gotten better about it recently. Why you see him on the talk shows, because his image was he was full of himself and it was pretty bad. They were saying the coach they have now has really helped. They were talking about how Shaq and he would get into it and how bad it was. Like how Kobe wouldn't associate with anyone outside of practice and even there he would rarely interact with anyone use he had too. They said it had a lot to do with he was so young when he came up, and the fuss that was made. Of course he's gonna have a big head and ego. I think he is still working out his issues because I hear far less about him. And I do have to say I have heard he does a lot for children... and that wins him points. I bet with age he will get better. I think being shoved into such a position so young probably did it to him...

17. jekbrown

yeah, shaq and kobe did get into it back in the day. Being the "main guy" on a team is a big deal for many pro athletes.... and I think both Kobe and Shaq thought they should be THE guy on the team. Thankfully Phil has since come on board and basically said "hey, how about we quit fighting each other and win a bunch of championships instead?". Safe to say that its worked... goin for 4 championships in a row this year. Someday when Shaq retires (prolly 2-3 years) I think Kobe will carry the Lakers. No reason why a team cant be built around a shooting guard, it worked for the Bulls. MJ lovers everywhere can say "kobe aint no MJ!!!!" all they want, but as we have seen since shaq has been hobbled, if Kobe is taking a jordan-esque number of shots per game, he can put up jordan type numbers. Goin for ten 40-point games in a row on tuesday... vs the Clippers..

j

18. ChevyCaGal

Kobe is not Jordan. Just like Jordan was no Magic, Bird, Dr. J, Wilt or whoever... each of those players in their own ways were great. To compare Kobe to Jordan is goofy. Each player has skills that are awesome and puts them a league of their own. But each have their own styles. Why you can't compare. Plus look at how basketball has changed since Kobe has come up. It's totally different then when Jordan came up. It's a whole new ball game so to speak... /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

19. jekbrown

while i agree that its hard to compare say MJ and Wilt... if one ever could compare two players... its Kobe and MJ. They play the same position, are roughly the same height and build and their styles are very similar. Kobe has developed a long-range game at an earlier age... but in many ways they are quite similar with respect to style. Its true that MJ and Kobe came into the league at different times... but there have been several years where they played in the same league at the same time too sooooo.. compare on!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

j

20. jackedjimmy350

jackedjimmy350 1/2 ton status

blazers, not worried bout them. they are a garunteed self-destruction in the playoffs. san antonio, i think the mavs can handle them. lakers, wont even make the playoffs. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif sacramento, i hope they get upset in the first round, or else it might mean trouble. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif