Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Kobe!!!!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by jekbrown, May 11, 2002.

1. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

GO LAKERS!!!! Kobe was awesome in the 4th... and Shaq rolled in the 3rd. Good game last night! Lakers in 5? /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

J

2. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

Awww......I thought you were talking about Kobe Tai, the "classically" trained actress/forums/images/icons/wink.gif............

3. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

Kobi Tai.. is just to SWWEEEEET!.

4. chris672

chris672 1/2 ton status

They both suck, just in different ways. Or maybe the same.

5. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

LMFAO!!!!! That took a second to register......../forums/images/icons/wink.gif

6. jekbrown

> They both suck

sounds like the words of a fan who likes a speed bump.... errr... I mean another team between the lakers and the three-peat. /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

J

7. chris672

chris672 1/2 ton status

I'm sure the Fakers will win again and Kobe has skills, I just hate LA and all the bandwagoners.

8. jekbrown

every team that wins has bandwagon fans... thats just the way things are. That said, I went to Laker games during the early-mid 90s... and oh man did they suck! The sign of a true fan. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

J

9. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

LMAO!! /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

The "sign of a true fan" who went to the Laker games during the mid-90's while they sucked is also a "sign of a loser!" /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif Can't be a winner unless they actually win games! /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

10. jekbrown

well, they are winning now. /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif ...and the playoff records continue to fall. Yeah, the bulls were gr8, but they never went 15-1 in the playoffs... and they never won 10 str8 playoff road games either. MJ? pffft! Now, so long as Kobe doesn't try baseball.... the Lakers oughta be in good shape for a loooong time. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

J

11. Djroffroad

Djroffroad 1/2 ton status

DAM LAKERS /forums/images/icons/frown.gif

12. riz

riz 3/4 ton status

<font color=blue> So did I !!!!! Crap !!

13. jekbrown

what a game on Sunday... Kobe proved *once again* just how good of a big-game crunch-time player he really is. Jordan used to take games over... but the way Kobe drained those 2 three-pointers in a row, went and got a rebound over the entire Spurs team, and then put it back in over robinson and duncan was proof that Kobe is in the same league as ol' MJ when it comes to those crunch time plays.

People always talk about Kobe like he's nothing but a wanna-be Jordan... but if you ask me, his style and performance can stand on its own just fine.

GO LAKERS!!! /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif !!!

J

14. chris672

chris672 1/2 ton status

He almost blew it though, bouncing the ball off his foot but he definitely made up for it.

15. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

was proof that Kobe is in the same league as ol' MJ

<hr></blockquote>

A little premature IMHO. MJ is a legend, Kobe is a legend in his own mind.

16. jekbrown

the guy not being old/broken/retired yet isn't his fault. You can't chose when you are born. Besides, Kobe is a heck of a lot better in his early 20s that MJ was... it took Jordans game a few years to mature after he got out of college. Kobe started younger, adapted faster, has done more at a young age and is only getting better.

At any rate, every fan has their own opinion, and thats all good. I know one thing for sure though, the Spurs don't think its "premature" to call Kobe a great crunch-time player...

J

17. AGM73k5

AGM73k5 1/2 ton status

I saw some of the spurs-lakers game this weekend. Compared to the spurs in the fourth quarter, anyone is a good crunch time player. I do like that kobe doesn't quit. I like to watch him because he's always doing something, not like some of the other guys who just stand around when they don't have the ball.

-Aaron

18. ChevyHuny

ChevyHuny 1/2 ton status

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

In reply to:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

was proof that Kobe is in the same league as ol' MJ

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A little premature IMHO. MJ is a legend, Kobe is a legend in his own mind.

<hr></blockquote>

I agree with you Blazzin.

19. jekbrown

&gt;Kobe is a legend in his own mind.

there is a BIG difference between confidence and wanting to take charge at crunch time and being a "legend in your own mind". The latter pretty much implies that you don't have the skill/talent to carry-through... and Kobe does. In 3 of the 4 wins the Lakers had over the Spurs... Kobe was pretty much the reason they were able to come back and win in the 4th quarter. Things that seem to happen over and over again shouldn't be looked at as a fluke. He isn't a "legend" yet simply because he's not old and retired. He's done things that a LOT of NBA "legends" haven't (win championships etc). I don't see that fact that he isn't currently a NBA legend as a knock against the guy. Right now he's a player... 10-12 years from now he'll be a "legend". So?

Lotsa peeps don't like Kobe for lots of reasons... but it seems clear to me that if he had his own team (ie when shaq retires) and he was throwing up 40-45 shots a game like Iverson, that he'd be scoring a whole lotta points. I don't think there is any question that he could average the 30-32 pts that Jordan frequently got with da Bulls.

J

20. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

Kobe is a good player but he's not a legend yet.... he has a ways to go to prove he'll be a legend. I just compare the old legends of the game and yeah he has the skills and the attitude to make it, but the question is can he make it... probably yes but hey if he got injuried last night in 5 years I doubt much fuss would be made of him (look at some of the old players who retired 15 years ago and are still drawing crowds where they go). I think a legend is someone who is thought of after the long left the game...... so if Kobe can retain that then he'll be one... but at this point if he left the game he'd probably be remembered as a great player who never reached his full potential.....