Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Kodak Easyshare?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Tweetysuarus, Sep 22, 2002.

1. Tweetysuarus

Tweetysuarus 1/2 ton status

Anybody know how to down size the Jpeg files to fit in the members gallery? I am using a Kodak CX4230 EasyShare Digital Camera. I really am new to these new fangled things.........But just had to try one out and I like the pics it takes, Just don't know how to change the properties of the pics.
    Thanx,
    Bill

2. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Darn, I saw "Easyshare" in the title and thought you were talking about my ex-wife. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

Anyway, did you get software with the camera or are you using software with the pictures? There's a feature in the software that lets you resize the picture in question. The better ones will give you the file size after you resize. The cheaper ones i.e. Microsoft Paint, won't give you the file size so it's trial and error.

3. Goober

Goober 1/2 ton status

Try ThumbsPlus . I have used ThumbsPlus for many years because it is really easy to use and it will do most of the basic things you need to do with a digital camera. It will resize single pictures or you can have it resize a whole bunch of them at one time. You can also use it to adjust colors, remove red-eye, change file format, crop images to a smaller size and lots of other stuff. In the newer versions, they also have a web page wizard that will let you take an entire directory of pictures and make a web page out of them. The best feature is that it will help to organize all of your pictures using small thumbnail images. If you are into video or music it will also help keep track of those things also.

It's free for the first 30 days and, if you like it, it's $79 if you want to keep it.

If you want to use a tool with more features, try Photoshop Elements (only $99) or take the plunge and get the full blown version of Photoshop ($609). The full blown version of Photoshop will do just about anything you would ever want to do with a digital image. It's an excellent program (the best program available for digital imaging in my opinion) but a little overkill for most folks.

Have fun!

/forums/images/icons/wink.gif /forums/images/icons/wink.gif /forums/images/icons/wink.gif /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

4. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    Darn, I saw "Easyshare" in the title and thought you were talking about my ex-wife.

[/ QUOTE ]

OUCH!!....She musta been related to my ex! /forums/images/icons/grin.gif