Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Kodiak Sidewinder steps

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by jberg62, Dec 10, 2001.

1. jberg62

jberg62 1/2 ton status

Hey guys,
    I'm just curious if anyone's installed or knows of anyone who's installed the <a target="_blank" href=http://www.kodiakproducts.com/index2.html>Kodiak Sidewinder Steps</a> onto their pre-1988 Chevy truck.
    They seem like they'd be quite the intense step, to replace the nerf bars that I currently have bolted up. The company has steps for '88-91 Fullsize Chevy Blazers.I called them and they weren't sure if the steps would fit on older vehicles such as mine. I have a '77 Blazer and am wondering if they'd fit. They attatch to the body, not the frame and can support 350lbs. No one that rides in my truck is over 300lbs, so I honestly don't have to worry about them not being able to support anyone of my passengers. If anyone has heard of someone installing this type of automatic step into an older truck (successfully) please let me know. Aren't the under-body styles, i.e. rocker panels, cab supports etc., for the most part basically the same for the years '77 and '88?
    I think they'd fit...but being as how they are so mega-expensive, I just wanted to hear if anyone has already installed these,before I go attempting to put them on my Blazer.
    Thanks.

<a target="_blank" href=http://jim.artistnation.com/jimstruck.html>My '77 Blazer</a>

2. 8_YOUR_H2

8_YOUR_H2 1/2 ton status

In the first TTC video one of the contenders has the sidewinder steps on his older (pre 88) chevy pickup. I think they are pretty much universal.

3. GRINCH

GRINCH 1/2 ton status

Check out the post from kpanza, "New K5 Blazer/Jimmy page". He's giving us a discount at autoaccessory.com.

I'm getting the steps from there for $152.00. I've heard great things about them.

The Few, The Proud, The K5 Blazer

4. jberg62

jberg62 1/2 ton status

Hey 90k5,
    I can't find the post that you're referring to. Could you please put a link to it on here? I'm real interested in getting some of those steps. I still also need to know if they'd fit under my '77 Blazer or not. What do you think? I guess you have a '90, so they'll definitely fit under yours. Is there a link to the place that gives members discounts for those steps? Can someone please post it?
    Thanks!
    I heard ya 85mouse, I'm just always in the market for a second and third opinion on stuff...just to make certain,before spending a load of money on something that may not fit correctly. I could do without another headache.

5. GRINCH

GRINCH 1/2 ton status

I just copied his post for you..

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.autoaccessory.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/CategoryDisplay?cgrfnbr=196321&amp;cgmenbr=402&amp;from=nav>http://www.autoaccessory.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/CategoryDisplay?cgrfnbr=196321&amp;cgmenbr=402&amp;from=nav</a>

Also, here is a discount code for all of you to use if you see anything you like on the site (AutoAccessory.com) that will save you 15% on any item. You can also email me at keith@autoaccessory.com if you have questions on parts, since on some products I might be able to get you even more than 15% off! The code for the 15% off is: A7E This can be done on the website or by calling in an order. You might find ideas for Christmas items on there also!

Thanks for your help guys/gals! I appreciate it a lot!

Keith

PS - if you guys have any comments and or suggestions for the page, please let me know!

The Few, The Proud, The K5 Blazer