Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

1. blackwidowk5

blackwidowk5 1/2 ton status

Has anyone out there seen or used the komo mud-terrians? I know komo makes good racing tires and i found some 33" for 90 bucks apiece new.

2. TwoCrowsDesign

TwoCrowsDesign 1/2 ton status

Re: Komo MT Kumho?

If we're talking about the same tires, check out this thread <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/forums/showthreaded.php?Cat=&amp;Board=blazer4x4&amp;Number=286758&amp;page=5&amp;view=collapsed&amp;sb=5&amp;o=0&amp;part=>http://coloradok5.com/forums/showthreaded.php?Cat=&amp;Board=blazer4x4&amp;Number=286758&amp;page=5&amp;view=collapsed&amp;sb=5&amp;o=0&amp;part=</a>.

Also, I found a review online (don't remember where) that basically had good things to say about the Kumho Venture MT. The one down side noted in the review was that the center tread didn't clear mud well. The outer tread apparently performed well.

In general, the company is South Korean, is something like the 8th or 9th largest tire maker in the world, and has a very good reputation in the car racing circuit. They only recently got involved in offroad racing (desert stuff), but apparently doing well there also.

I tried to find them locally, but the dealer would have had to order them from Columbus Ohio and shipping charges start to get the price up into BFG territory which sort of defeats the purpose of a low cost tire.

John

3. blackwidowk5

blackwidowk5 1/2 ton status

Ya I meant kumho, my roomate was just talking ot me about momo... i got the two jumbled. Thanks, i read the old thread, did you end up getting a set? And if so are the 35" really that small (33.8)? If so i may look at those instead.
    Thanks

4. TwoCrowsDesign

TwoCrowsDesign 1/2 ton status

No I haven't gotten a set. I would probably go with the 35s as well if they were that short. If I could find them locally without the shipping cost burden, I'd likely go with them.

Let me know where you end up.

John