Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Korns remake of the song "The Wall"

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Zeus33rd, Oct 18, 2004.

1. Zeus33rd

Zeus33rd Smarter than you GMOTM Winner

Korns remake of the song \"The Wall\"

[​IMG]

2. MudFrog

MudFrog 1/2 ton status

Re: Korns remake of the song \"The Wall\"

Is that the "word up" song? If so yea I don't care for it, but my wife likes it.

3. sickquad

sickquad 1/2 ton status

It's not the word up song. I like it though. Reminds me of college, laying on the floor after a heavy night of drinking, smoking a lefty.

If you want to hear a good Floyd remake download, "Run Like Hell" by Kittie.

-Chris

4. MudFrog

MudFrog 1/2 ton status

Ah.. the Floyd song, I haven't heard that one yet.

5. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

Rock on man they did a good job, and Flod is my fav. band /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

6. Bullet

Bullet 1/2 ton status

The girls of Kittie are a pretty wild and crazy. I did security detail for them last November. I got to hang out with Morgan, the lead singer. It was real funny that I was standing there talking to this girl, thinking she was some groupie, real sweet girl... until she got on stage /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

7. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

I never liked Korn, they were always the steryotypical counter culture teenage wanker band

8. mudjunkie 82

mudjunkie 82 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

I hate it when these so called bands do covers of others Music because they cannot come up with their own Material. Usually sound like sh!t too when they do it. Bands like Floyd, Zeppelin, Sabbath and a few others are in a Class all by them self and it sucks when wannabes like korn F**k their music up.

9. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

I agree in most

Garage Band Inc. totally made some old songs listenable though

10. BigOrange90Jimmy

BigOrange90Jimmy 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I must agree. Shinedown's cover of Skynard's "Simple Man" makes me want to kill Shinedown.

11. mofugly13

mofugly13 1 ton bucket of rust Premium Member

[ QUOTE ]
    Shinedown's cover of Skynard's "Simple Man" makes me want to kill Shinedown

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, please do.

12. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

one of the guys i work with brought in a Skynard CD the other day, and we were playing it. one of the trash bitches came up and said, "that's that song by Shinedown, who the hell is that singing it? they suck!" he almost got thrown in the dumpster.

13. i8yrsuv

i8yrsuv 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I hate it when these so called bands do covers of others Music because they cannot come up with their own Material. Usually sound like sh!t too when they do it. Bands like Floyd, Zeppelin, Sabbath and a few others are in a Class all by them self and it sucks when wannabes like korn F**k their music up.

[/ QUOTE ]
    I think that classic icons should be ....guess what ??? ,,,,Classic Icons.... I really dont think that the thought in your mind about the song that you loved for so many years ,,,..should sound like a garage band trying to play the drums for the second time !!!!
    I heard that Micheal Jackson owns the rights to the Beatles songs ... /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gifI guess he bought them after the contract came up for millions ......That sucks .....They are an Icon !!!!Paul was shocked !!! He didnt have the money .... Too bad !!!! /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gifI sure hope he will lose his forture and have to sell those rights...after molesting those kids !!!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    Did you hear the remake of the old Cure sone by 311 ??? IT Sucks ....!!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

14. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    I must agree. Shinedown's cover of Skynard's "Simple Man" makes me want to kill Shinedown.

[/ QUOTE ]

As stated above, please do. Shinedown sucks ass. I really despise their music, especially that .45 song, which is so repeditive and lyrically dry that if I ever hear it gain, I'm going to vomit.

Korn really blows now. Not that they were that talented to begin with, but after hearing that word up song, screw Korn.

15. sickquad

sickquad 1/2 ton status

You guys are too old. Korn is one of the most inovative bands of our time. They put on a great show also.

I love hearing a song I really like remade with a different tone. Don't be so close minded. You know who is close minded? John Kerry. You don't want to start being called that do you?

-Chris

16. JK5

JK5 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Com'on'!!!!
    What wrong???
    Anouther good old tune....butchered!!! /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

LOL...It's bad enough...
    when they play..a "Stickin'Farts" (Linkin Park) song 10 times a day!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

Thank God...I have a OVERKILL CD in my player.
    so I can shut that crap off...when it gets OLD!!! /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

17. semper-k-five

semper-k-five 1/2 ton status

anyone coverin' Floyd should be drawn and quartered...thought the NY symphony covers were pretty cool...and just a little FYI, rumor is out that Waters is getting back w/ the bad 2005...I've been waitin for that day for many many years!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

18. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

[ QUOTE ]
    I heard that Micheal Jackson owns the rights to the Beatles songs ... /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gifI guess he bought them after the contract came up for millions ......That sucks .....They are an Icon !!!!Paul was shocked !!! He didnt have the money .... Too bad !!!! /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gifI sure hope he will lose his forture and have to sell those rights...after molesting those kids !!!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    Did you hear the remake of the old Cure sone by 311 ??? IT Sucks ....!!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Does Michael Jackson still own the publishing rights to the Beatles song catalog?
    Prudence
    Strawberry Fields

Dear Prudence:
    With a little help from our friends -- the urban legends site Snopes.com, Cecil Adams' Straight Dope column, and Yahoo! News -- we found the answer to your question.
    Back in 1963, the Beatles gave their publishing rights to Northern Songs, a company created by their manager, Brian Epstein, and a music publisher, Dick James. Northern Songs went public in 1965, and John Lennon and Paul McCartney each had 15% of the company's shares, while Dick James and the company's chairman, Charles Silver, held a controlling 37.5% of shares. In 1969, James and Silver sold Northern Songs and its assets to the Associated Television Corporation (ATV).

In 1985, ATV's music catalog was sold, and Michael Jackson was the high bidder. Jacko paid a reported $47 million for the publishing rights to somewhere between 159 to 260 Beatles songs. A decade later, Jackson and Sony merged their music publishing businesses. Since 1995, Jackson and Sony/ATV Music Publishing have jointly owned most of the Beatles songs.

While the Jackson-Sony collection includes practically all of the Beatles' greatest hits, they don't have every little thing. Paul McCartney bought the rights to "Love Me Do," "Please, Please Me," "P.S. I Love You," and "Tell Me Why." Northern Songs never owned these early tunes, so they weren't included in the ATV deal.

In the past few years, the media has speculated that Jacko may need to sell the Beatles' rights to pay for his extravagant lifestyle and mounting legal costs. Sony reports that Jackson used his half of the Beatles' catalog as collateral for a loan from the music company. If Jackson defaults on the loan, Sony has the right to buy his share. In 2001, Jackson stated: "The Beatles catalogue is not for sale, has not been for sale and will never be for sale." But who knows? Maybe he'll try to take a sad song and make it better by cashing in.

19. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

All these covers lately are getting quite stupid... Though I do like "Personal Jesus" by Marilyn Manson... Depeche Mode is just rather gay /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

20. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

I love Nascar.