Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Kremmling Rock Crawl- ORD

Discussion in 'OffRoad Design' started by Storm Trooper, Jul 22, 2002.

1. Storm Trooper

Storm Trooper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Dillon Colorado, Hang'in in the mountains. Renting
    Great job guys! ROCK CRAWL 7/21/02
    More pictures on request.

2. Mudstud

Mudstud 1/2 ton status

Great pics. Didn't know Stephen was gonna be there. Damn missed it by a day.

3. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

Thanks for posting pics! That was sure fun, never thought we'd be able to pull off some of the maneuvers we made. Also didn't know I could drive a truck on the verge of rolling that long or that often. It feels really stable in general but the course setup was a little sadistic.
    We ended up 10th in the unlimited class which considering we're carrying about twice the weight and a good bit more track width than most of our competitors is pretty good. Now if I only had the heart to do major surgery to the body!

This Kremling Crawl is an idea I hope catches on. It's a closed course on private property and almost completely man made. No environmental damage to public land, easy to watch the entire event since all the obstacles are within about 1/4 mile, camping is close, nice variety of terrain from nasty rocks to loose dirt, not much chance to roll and do much damage (plenty of opportunity to fall over, it's just hard to roll very far when you start in the bottom of a draw), overall it's pretty nice. Ned Bacon came out to this one and had a lot of fun. You've probably seen his opinions in the mags and a good portion of them are right on the money. We may be on to something here.......

4. Storm Trooper

Storm Trooper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Dillon Colorado, Hang'in in the mountains. Renting
    </font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    Now if I only had the heart to do major surgery to the body!

[/ QUOTE ]
    Please Don't! We are all behind you and the full size attack. Just because some people build there machines with a bunch of tubes that only could resemble a *eep, at least you are still with us and the full size Chevy's!!
    We'll keep working on them until (I hate to say this) they give a handy cap to full size real trucks or penalize the ones that aren't really any type of truck (just like rear steering).
    Chevy's still rule and you guys help prove it. Thanks!

5. BOWTIE

BOWTIE 1/2 ton status

i second that /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

leave it fullsize or just buy a j**P /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif