Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Kudos to our mods...I resigned from Pirate

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by camiswelding, Mar 19, 2005.

1. camiswelding

camiswelding 1/2 ton status

We've had some immature people here on ck5 that the mods finally took care of.... I am appreciative of the appropriate use of the delete button by them

As of late when visiting Pirate I noted that the mods werent doing their job and the place was WAY out of hand.... lots of profanity... threats... and just plain internet stupidity that people would never get away with facing each other...
    I wrote Paul Gagnon and told him.... cancel my paid membership... theres too many immature people on pirate

Ill still visit... but probably rarely now.... I find ck5ers really go out of their way to be helpful....
    not all of us will have 572 cadzilla 4 link crawlers...
    and not all of us want shiny show trucks
    I see lots of really basic questions... like "what kind of gear lube in my 205".... rarely do i see inappropriate responses....

thanks to all for making this a good reference site for me

cam

2. Desert Rat

Desert Rat Fetch the comfy chair

I go to Pirate for technical stuff if I can't find it here. But, I don't spend that much time there, and post even less, since the atmosphere is pretty much like a High School boys locker room.....

3. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

yea, CK5 is easy . not to much drama. but enuff for a laugh. i'm addicted.:thumb: :thumb:

4. big pappa b

big pappa b 3/4 ton status

I know how you feel. I consider most here friends in a weird, I never met them sort of way. I too rarely post anything on PIrate and use it mainly for searches and tech stuff if I can't find it here. My membership ther did net me a nice JE Reel driveshaft tho :saweet:

5. Ryan B.

Ryan B. 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

I agree.

Big thank you to the mod's for doing their part, and especially STEVE for creating ck5 so all of us can share knowledge and make a bunch of great friends. :thumb: I have a feeling i'll be on ck5 more now that it seems like a more friendly and positive place. :grin:

I might have wasted all my money and built a poser show truck if it wasn't for ck5. :rotfl:

6. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I never have liked Pirate because of the attitudes over there. As far as tech go's, I'm sure you can get all the info you need on CK5 about a SFA Chevy 4wd truck.

7. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

It's always been that way, in fact it's tame these days compared to when I first joined.

As for the mods over there, there are some that do their job and others that don't; hence the reason that the Chevy forum over there sucks cow butt.

8. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

pirate has decent tech, it also has a decent number of clowns. I post over there sometimes, but mainly I leech tech, enter give aways (more leeching!), and browse the vendor/FS forums. CK5 is a bajillion times better, cause its people are a bajillion times better.

j