Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Kuwait???

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by kombi59, Mar 2, 2004.

1. kombi59

kombi59 1/2 ton status

Hey Guys, I am on my way to Kuwait the end of the month for a contract Fire Dept job. anyone been there? got any advise? I will be at Camp Arijan, Setting up a Fire Dept training and EMT program. We get a Land Cruiser for our vehicle wonder if there is any 4 wheeling? or just a bunch of landmines?

2. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

I dunno. Doesn't sound really safe over there to me, but proportianately maybe it is.

Contractor killed in January I think, some shots fired before that, and that Kuwaiti police officer that shot the two army guys that were in civilian clothes. I *think* these occurred around Arifjan.

I think I'd keep my tail on base unless I was heavily armed and had no chance of getting stuck in traffic. All you can really do is be careful though, it WOULD suck to sit on post when you COULD be outside doing things.

That's what I've heard from people over there, that and traffic laws basically don't exist.

3. big pappa b

big pappa b 3/4 ton status

I stayed at the Crowne Plaza for 3 weeks just before they sent us into Iraq. They drive like IDIOTS there. The taxi drives would frequently hit 100mph..high pucker factor

4. kombi59

kombi59 1/2 ton status

sounds like mexico, kind of excited it will be an experiance.

5. unick

unick 1/2 ton status

I havent been to Kuwait but in Bahrain the taxi drivers drove crazy too. It was fun!! I love speed!

6. SkulzNBonz

SkulzNBonz 1/2 ton status

Wheeling? I suppose. We got our Amtrac (Amphibious tractor) stuck in an orchard last time I was there (1991-Gulf War). Lovingly referred to that place as "Hell's Garden" /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif Couldn't really give you any non combat type experience. I really wouldn't feel to safe going anywhere there unless in a large, heavily armed group, though.

John