Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

KYB Shocks

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by opfor2, Oct 28, 2006.

1. opfor2

opfor2 1/2 ton status

Anyone use KYB shock Absorbers and are they any good? I have never heard of them till I saw them in the LMC catalog . They claim on there web site www.kyb.com that they are an OEM supplier. Are there shocks equal to the Rancho shocks that I presently have?

Thanks Dan..

2. SUPERSUB87

SUPERSUB87 1/2 ton status

dont really know much about them... but if im skeptical... i mean ranchos are some of the best shocks. these dont really seem to be for "off-road" i think i had these on my burb befor the lift... the gas-a-just shock... they seemed a little rough for me.. same design at least. but that could be do to the dual setup i have up front.

3. 92k1500CO

92k1500CO Registered Member

I have had KYB's on ALL my 2nd and 3rd gen cars and loved them. I have not, however used them on a truck. The gas-ad-just give an excellent ride under all conditions, and i never wore any out. They are reasonably priced, so you might want to try them and let us all know!

4. Desert Rat

Desert Rat Fetch the comfy chair

Rancho's are just slightly better than stock but stiffer, unless you go with the higher end models. I used to run Rancho's but they seemed to wear out pretty fast. I put KYB Monomax's on my big stock SUV (their truck shock) and really like them. I run Bilstein 5150's though on my Blazer. The Bilstein's are excellent.