Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

La La Land( Back from oral surgury!)

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by NoAngel, Jan 9, 2002.

1. NoAngel

NoAngel 1/2 ton status

Back from the wisdom teeth removal. They gave me something called oxycodone. Man this stuff is strong! Feeling no pain that's for sure![​IMG] Weeeeeeee!!!!
    When I woke up from the anesthetic(sp?) I guess I said to the people there, "Wow, I thought we were all at a discoteque and you were pulling my teeth in the middle of the dance floor" The oral surgeon was laughing so hard!
    I can only imagine some of the things people say when they come out from being put under. Anyone got any good stories?[​IMG]

<font color=purple>Michelle~</font color=purple>

Let us so live that when it comes time to die even the undertaker will be sorry.

2. behemoth

behemoth 1/2 ton status

Don't have any stories, but I DO want to wish you a speedy recovery! I know exactly how you feel - or about to feel. I had mine out a few days before Thanksgiving (1979 or so) and it put a major crimp in my feasting plans! My lowers were "impacted" (rotated 90 degrees) so they had to do some major carving on me to get them out. NOT FUN!!

behemoth K5
    "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool -
    than to open your mouth and remove all doubt"

3. solowookie

solowookie 1/2 ton status

yea I remember those days... (don't have any fond memories either)

<font color=blue> Jeff - may the force be with you</font color=blue>
    <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/Jeffs-Stuff>link to k5's</a>

4. CAROLINAK5

CAROLINAK5 1/2 ton status

sure do..my advice to anyone "going under" in the doctors office(hospital) is to leave your wallet at home!
    when i came to from having my wisdom teeth pulled, my girlfriend had convinced me that my money was her money and had gone shopping for gifts to her from me. she said i insisted! i..she...whoever had rented several of those cheesy sappy lame a$$ girlie movies for us to enjoy while i recupperated(sp)! gotta love that.
    needless to say she wasn't my girl for long. if ya can't trust 'em when you need them the most, then you don't need them at all!!

when all else fails..............HIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![​IMG]

<a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/albun32>http://coloradok5.com/gallery/albun32</a>

5. NoAngel

NoAngel 1/2 ton status

Well, you know what they say, "What goes around, comes around!" I must say that belief has served me well in my life. Unfortunately there are girls out there that are selfish. Her loss![​IMG]
    Funny thing about the "Buy me gifts" when coming out of anesthesia. I'll have to remember that one!

Let us so live that when it comes time to die even the undertaker will be sorry.

6. Pure Insanity

Pure Insanity 1/2 ton status

The 1st time I had a wisdom tooth pulled I was kinda freaked out and had them give me happy gas. I remember telling the anesti...... (The gas man) that I would never waste such a great product on a motor again. LOL! I dont think he understood what nitrous does in a motor so I dont think he got it.

A friend of mine had a HUGE... BIG... MASSIVE bottle of medical grade happy gas. When he was trying to figure out how to fill his nitrous bottles, he said if I cant figure out how to do it, Ill shut the shop doors, open the valve and we can get all F'ed up and laugh at the race car! [​IMG] He figured out a way to fill the bottles tho.

If ya can't stop.......Smile as you go under! [​IMG]
    PIC of mine from flblazers site<a target="_blank" href=http://www.flblazer.alloffroad.com/photo3.html>
    GO</a>

7. StoneyK5

StoneyK5 1/2 ton status

Thank ya,.thank ya verry much..( in my best Elvis voice) .. I gotta go to the dentist next week, but will be fine cause I go 3 times a year, and don't care at all.

83K5 Silverado
    What was that bump?

8. 79k20

79k20 1/2 ton status

<font color=orange>I don't remember a thing from when I got my wisdom teeth pulled. But apparently I asked one of the girls from the office to marry me. And on the way home I saw a truck like my dads and was honking the horn and yelling "thats my dad pull over". My g/f was not too happy about the proposal!</font color=orange>

<font color=orange>SEAN<font color=orange>

[​IMG]<font color=orange>79 K20(duh) D44, FF 14bolt, built 350,TH350,NP203,9"lift</font color=orange>[​IMG]

9. NoAngel

NoAngel 1/2 ton status

I hope she was cute at least![​IMG] It's so wierd what that stuff will do to ya![​IMG]

10. 79k20

79k20 1/2 ton status

<font color=orange>She was cute. And that is some good stuff. I remember getting in the chair and the next thing I know I woke up in my bed at home.</font color=orange>

<font color=orange>SEAN<font color=orange>

[​IMG]<font color=orange>79 K20(duh) D44, FF 14bolt, built 350,TH350,NP203,9"lift</font color=orange>[​IMG]

11. muddin4fun

muddin4fun 3/4 ton status

I was obviously fried when I had mine done cause I barely remember getting on an elevator and dad said some guys moving to furniture let me go first and dad and them were making fun of me and I just stood there completely dazed.

<font color=blue>Answers: $1, Short: $5, Correct: $25, dumb looks are still free.</font color=blue>

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.bluefox.tv/~lara>My Wonderful Site</a>

12. NoAngel

NoAngel 1/2 ton status

"Toto, I don't think we're in Kansas anymore!"[​IMG]

13. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

I hope you're recovering well!!

I had to do the head gaskets in my Camaro right after mine were done, 'cause my wife was pregnant, it was right after we'd gotten back from vacation (I put the impacted wisdom teeth off until they were too painful to tolerate anymore), and we only had one car, so the head gaskets had to be done.

I just remember going in to surgury in a daze from the pain, and coming out in a daze from the juice! Friggin mouth bled for like three days though... I think on the way home I was asking for all kinds of wierd crap to eat, cause my mouth felt so releived of the pressure and I thought I could chew again (right after oral surgury)...

Ratch
    <a target="_blank" href=http://k5.8m.com>k5.8m.com</a>
    Prior signature burnt. This one on temporarily.

14. NoAngel

NoAngel 1/2 ton status

Thanks! Yup, I'm doing fine. Some bleeding and soreness, but nothing a little painkiller won't take care of. I am swollen and bruised, ain't that attractive? Speaking of head gaskets, Leadfoot just fixed mine(very labor intensive)[​IMG]
    and if you go to "other rides" Steph was looking for help w/hers. I sent Leadfoot on there so he probably had some good tips, but you may want to check it out anyway. There might be something you may want to add. Take care!

Some mornings it's just not worth chewing through the leather straps.

15. K10ANDYKHAMNIC

K10ANDYKHAMNIC 1/2 ton status

they had to slap me awake while on the chair a couple times nothin so relaxin as dentist work....im going to get dumb too
    ....darn wisdom causing all these problems....

always gets me home K10