Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

labor day fun *video*

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 96chevysfa, Sep 3, 2003.

1. 96chevysfa

96chevysfa 1/2 ton status

well, me, the school bus and alot of friends made the trip to pismo for labor day weekend, and while at comp hill, we took the bus for a ride aorund around comp, so Ofer(the driver/owner) tried to go up behind comp and come down on the top, we have done this before, but this time there were alot of trucks blocking the usual path, so we made a wrong turn and ended up in a bad place.
    [​IMG]
    heres a nice video of my attemp of pulling him out.
    http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4289236443

another part to the story is that there was a group of people there to help, and one guy(knowitall) thought he should deflate the tires after we told him it wont hold the beed below 18psi, he kept saying trust me and we told him no, and ofcourse, he kept doing it, well onthe second pull one tire comes completely off the rim and the other pops the beed, and this guy suddenly dissapears. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif i had to leave sunday, and everyone stayed there today to get the tire fixed and another attempt to pull it out, well they got a towing company to do it, and before they got out they blow another beed. this all happened sunday.

monday- they got the tires fixed and they got a towing company to pull them out, ofcourse, some lowlifes broke into the bus and took our stuff, but thats besides the point, they got the bus out of the one spot, but it blew 2 more tires, so it was still stuck last night.
    today- again the bus was broken into over night, and they screwed up a few things, im not sure on the specifics yet, but they got it running, and they pulled it out more, they actually got it completely free, but the tow truck blew a couple beeds also, but another tow truck winched them out and set them free.
    i thik if the beed did not blew the first time, i coulda gottem them out. this weekend was an adventure.

2. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

bummer about it getting stuck and broken into /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif but very cool video /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. BorregoK5

BorregoK5 1/2 ton status

David, Your a MAD MAN! Not many people would have attempted to yank a bus in the dunes with such enthusiasm! Nice Vid! Did you catch up with Jay while you were out there?

4. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

all i've gotta say is..........damn, that was one hellacious effort /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. 96chevysfa

[ QUOTE ]
    David, Your a MAD MAN! Not many people would have attempted to yank a bus in the dunes with such enthusiasm! Nice Vid! Did you catch up with Jay while you were out there?

[/ QUOTE ]
    yeah i saw jay late sunday, tobad i dint get to whele with him, would love to watch him jump his rig!

6. MOABDADC22

MOABDADC22 1/2 ton status

Great video......I like the ATV that throttles up at about the same time you do........Sounds like your Tahoe has an ATV engine. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

I think you might have gotten him out if he would have turned the wheels to the right instead of the left right at the end. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. ducttape114

ducttape114 1/2 ton status

damn dude!!!!! i wish i would have known you were having such problames, i would have been there. the story i heard was you rolled a bead and were gonna deal with it in the morning. i saw the bus flying around the dunes, thats pretty impressive. glad to hear you made it home.

8. COCHEV

COCHEV 1/2 ton status

that is one bad ass rig you have! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif do you have any pics and specs for that bad boy?

9. 96chevysfa

[​IMG]
    specs are 1 ton drivetrain, np 205, and a 350 vortech with a few bolt ons, and 36" pj's, locked diffs, and will have some fox shocks in a week!