Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Labor day gilmer pics

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Leper, Sep 7, 2005.

1. Leper

Leper 1/2 ton status

Click the website in my sig and then click the gilmer tab on the website. Leeme know what you think.
    BTW it is safe for work and kids, it's just the name that sounds bad

Last edited: Sep 8, 2005
  2. Bunker Buster

Bunker Buster Registered Member

Looks like ya'll had a good time. We'll be going back to Gilmer at the end of this month after a few minor adjustments. :hack:

3. Leper

Leper 1/2 ton status

Can I go with ya? My son too?
    BTW did you like the site??? There will be many more pics up from the trip in a couple of days.

4. Bunker Buster

Sure thing, anyone that wants to go is more than welcome. Right now, we have three trucks going. Kids are always welcome too. As of now, we are planning on the weekend of the 24th. We'll head out early Sat. morning, wheel all day, camp that night and wheel Sun. before we head back home.

Site looks good, needs more pics. :wink1: I'll be putting a post up on our club's forums soon so everyone interested will be informed. www.southernbowties.com

5. highrlr

highrlr 1/2 ton status

Site looks good, I agree it does need more pics though. The name of the site is pretty "raunchy" sounding, I was worried my computer would get a virus just by clicking it :doah:

6. Leper

Leper 1/2 ton status

Yea the name is a bit much, but there is a good story behind it. I just got that one up and running to get some experience. I own TexasK5 and BigDK5 and a few others that will be operational in a while. The one I used to have, and let go, will be up for sale in june so I will probable sell the others and revive my first one. Send me some pics. email to admin@teamrapevan.com I'll put a few of your rig up. Also, I am going to have a boobies page. No internet boobies though, just ones taken by regular people for regular people.

7. Hardcore

Hardcore 1/2 ton status

What trails did you go on. A lot of them aren't fullsize friendly :( I was supposed to be there Labor Day weekend but Katrina screwed that up.

8. Larry_in_Tx

Larry_in_Tx 1/2 ton status

Looks like fun, I need to get out to Gilmer sometime. It’s just one of those places we keep saying we’re gonna go but never get there.

We ran into that truck with the Deere colors in Clayton over Memorial weekend. Where you running with those guys that weekend?

9. Leper

Leper 1/2 ton status

No. Not then. I don't think I even knew that guy then.

10. Leper

Leper 1/2 ton status

From what I saw, none of the trails are full size friendly :D j/k. There were a few tight spots, but nothing you couldn't fit through with a little body damage. That's why I have the cage. I did NOT do DWoody. Even if I was still in one piece I could not have done it. Horseshoe Gulch is where I broke. It is a 3. I did several 3s and a couple 4s. There are a couple of 2s near where we camped, but I did not ride them. On the really nasty stuff I saw some bypasses. I used 1 once when the guy in front of me stood his yota on the front bumper. I'm almost thinking of going there like every couple of months. It's 3 hours away from me, but so worth it.

11. koldsimer

koldsimer 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Horseshoe Gulch is where I broke.

Are you ever gonna build your rig so it won't break on another 15 degree incline? Hahaha. I wish I could have gone with you guys. Talked to ryan at red river today- he said they are all going next month for the superlift event. I will be going then fo sho!

12. koldsimer

You ever gonna build that POS so that it won't break on every 15 degree incline it attempts? Hahahahaha Man, I wish I couls have gone with you guys. Talked to Ryan today, he's going next month for the superlift event. We gotta go to that one.

13. koldsimer

I will learn to work my computer. I really really will.

14. Leper

Leper 1/2 ton status

Ehh, mabey. Very unusual break though. I had never seen a ujoint break right down the middle. It broke and took out the yoke on the tcase(the only spare I didn't have). But like everyone else I am waiting on cashflow to upgrade the axles and such. If it wasn't a daily driver I would cut the thing to pieces and make it a trail only rig, but then I would need a trailer and a tow vehicle(= more money).
    So for now I will drive my little stock blazer wherever I wheel and hope for the best.
    BTW what did you think of the site??

15. Leper

Leper 1/2 ton status

I heard he had his fair share of problems also.

16. Bunker Buster

I'll e-mail you a link to pics from our club's outings.

Mine's a daily driver as well. I average roughly 200+ miles per day and still wheel the hell out of it. Granted, I have a tow rig and a trailer available.

Last month was the first time we had been to Gilmer and hit quite a few 3's and a couple 4's. The next outing will include more 4's and maybe some 5's. :D

17. koldsimer

It's cool. I really like that big blazer with 42's.... it looks like it would school the heel out of all the other trucks on that sight!

18. Leper

Leper 1/2 ton status

Yea some of them anyway. But the driver.....don't get me started on that guy.... sheesh....Think of Al Bundy at work
    :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:
    Just messin with ya K

19. Leper

Leper 1/2 ton status

More pics added under the Gilmer tab

20. MattK

MattK 1/2 ton status

[​IMG]

look at the godfatha gettin on the throttle

EDIT: sorry about the size...the webmaster must need schooling in image resizing :haha: