Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Labor Day Rubicon pics

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by FRIZZLEFRY, Sep 8, 2003.

1. FRIZZLEFRY

FRIZZLEFRY 1/2 ton status

I got invitedted to join a small group of local wheelers on their anual Labor day run to the Con /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif We went in through Wentworth Springs and all the way through to Tahoe and spent sunday night there.All the rigs in the group were pretty built.
    1.A newer XJ with front and rear high pinion 60s with ARBs,38s with bead locks,and 1/4 eliptic in the rear,465/Atlas.
    2.Newer XJ streached to a 115" wheelbase with 9"s front and rear with ARBs ,1/4 eliptic in the rear,and 38s,4spd/Atlas/Klune.
    3.A Landcruiser,Atlas,EFI302,38s and beadlocks,and every other goody you could imagine
    4.A way built older Toy pickup.
    5.A 52 M38 Willys Jeep
    6.A way built early Bronco
    7.Another early Bronco
    8.A newer Toy with IFS (it did surprisingly good /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif )
    9.A 60 somethin jeep with full width 44s front and rear and a V8
    10.And a near stock newer XJ

This was a doable line gone bad.I got wedged in good and then broke stuff.It took my winch and another to git me out.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

All the rest of my pics are here and here .

Total carnage?
    Me.One Warn driers side inner shaft(tore the ears off and twisted the splines),one outer(mangled the ears),the center of the CV on my front shaft(broke the middle out of it but I still ran it for 2 full days :blink: ),one tail light,one rear fender,bent my bed,crunched drivers door,and some broken paint :2thumbs:
    The Landcruiser.One broken main leaf in one of his front packs.
    One Bronco.Fan into the radiator cutting into the core (fixed it on the trail)
    The other Bronco.Fan into the radiator during a deep water crossing (fixed at camp),broken U joint,cracked trailer spindle.
    The 115" XJ.Bent one of his upper links into a U.We straightened it by sticking it into the Smittybuilt bumper on one of the Broncos and hooking my winch to the other end and pulling on it.
    The XJ with the 60s.One door,some paint,and crunched exhaust.

The rain started early sunday wich turned the dust and dirt on the granite into almost grease made it entertaining to say the least.This was probably THE most non stop wheelin and fun trip I have ever been on!
    After running the whole trail all the way through it would be realy hard to get a full bodied K5 with a top all the way through the trail in one piece even with the bypasses.The tightest places being between Little Sluice and Tahoe.

Oh yea,I know Im blue /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

sweet pics looks like a great time /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Well at least you finally moved your license plate out of harm's way /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. ducttape114

ducttape114 1/2 ton status

man that looks like an awsome trail!!!! sorry about the carnage.

5. CHEVY 4WD

CHEVY 4WD 1/2 ton status

are all of those XJ's on differnt frames? I think there pretty cool looken (even though there HEEPS) but I never liked the unibody thing

6. FRIZZLEFRY

FRIZZLEFRY 1/2 ton status

It was a great trip.And Bubba,thats a much safer place for the plate.If I git licence plate carnage now Im in trouble /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Oh and I made a "oops" on the jeeps /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif XJs are those little Cherokees,I meant YJs like a normal jeep /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Heres a pic of my half done custom dovetail job,just gotta do the other side now /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    [​IMG]

7. yunit

yunit 1/2 ton status

I think it's time for me to pack my crap and move out West! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif