Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Lacking Power

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 71_Tman, Jul 9, 2000.

1. 71_Tman

71_Tman Registered Member

I just purchased a 71 Blazer that has a very nicely restored body/interior. The engine is a 350 q-jet and has a TH350 tranny. The engine was rebuilt 50K ago and the tranny 60K ago. Its a really nice truck. The guy I bought it from pulled his boat with it. I find it does not seem to have much power while driving uphill over while driving over the mountains on I 70 here in Denver. Near as I can tell its got a 3.71 axle ratio and turning 31.50s.

Does anybody have any ideas whats up!

Thanks!
    Truman

2. K5experience

K5experience Registered Member

Unless you know when the last time this was done I would check the plugs,wires,cap,roter and change all the filters most definantly the fuel filter. Also check the pcv, if it doesn't make a ratling noise clean it or replace it. Hope this helps

3. 71_Tman

71_Tman Registered Member

I have changed all filters except tranny and fuel so far. The fuel filter nut is stripped. so Im waiting untill my new fuel line from Summit racing comes to change it. I just redid the entire ignition with NGK vpower plugs. ditched the points and installed a electronics package, put on Jacobs wires and ultra-coil, and cap & rotor.