Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

ladder bars/traction bars

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by k5king, Dec 3, 2000.

1. k5king

k5king 1/2 ton status

has anyone ever made a set of BIG traction bars??? a friend of mine made a pretty cool set of these for his B-junko two...they were attached at the top and bottom of the rear with adj. heim joints like a 4-link...then the bottom bar run up to meet the top halfway and then the top bar ran way up under the truck and attached to the frame with another heim joint...it ran all the way up under the drivers door!!!!!! i am thinking about making a set for my k5... it looks like a good idea cause you can adjust the pinion angle this way and pre-load the rear...could this have a negative effect on anything??? i know that i give up some clearance gut they were big enough to be used for rock sliders....any adverse effects on flex?? i can't see this being a problem cause of the length...

ANYBODY LOSE THEIR JEEP????????[​IMG]
    I JUST FOUND ONE UNDER MY BLAZER!!!![​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

2. blazen91

blazen91 1/2 ton status

If you're going to the trouble, just make a four link and run coil overs.$.02

blazen91
    Protect the land FOR the people
    <font color=red>Not FROM the people</font color=red>