Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Ladies driving K5's/pickups...

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Topdown, Jun 3, 2003.

1. Topdown

Topdown 1/2 ton status

Ladies driving K5\'s/pickups...

So I am driving to work today down I-205 (driving my sh!tty commuter car) and I pull along side this good-looking K5, white with a blue stripe down the side, white top, 2nd gen, good looking ride. Looks like the owner has actually had it off-road also which is even better. So I pull forward and take a gander up at the driver and what do I see... but a femme. Now being the type of guy that has always cut everyone from the same cloth I didnt really think anything of it other than... "yeah... How you Dowin?". /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

So, this is yet another sexists statement...

ladies that really can/do drive thier rigs are a serious turn on... Yikes... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Oh, and to make this worthy of the garage:
    OR/Wa local shop makes good - Ricks Garage in Vancouver Wa (360)693-7862 is the place to go if you need something done you cant do on your own. I had the K5 towed /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif there a couple weeks ago with some carb issues. Would idle in or out of gear, etc... well, Rick found a couple vac leaks, tore down the carb (found metal filings in the idle circuit) rejetted the carb, re-curved the distributor, set timing, set the choke and a few other things, worked on it all day, etc... and only charged me a pittance (under $250.00). Whats the best is, I took it back last Friday because it wasnt quite right yet, still ran a little funny, so, he worked on it all day again, got it running better/great, and didnt charge me a dime. Told me what to look/listen for and if I saw/heard anything to bring it back.
    So, they have my seal of approval... and I HIGHLY recommend them.

2. gravdigr

gravdigr 1/2 ton status

Re: Ladies driving K5\'s/pickups...

nothing sexist about it. Guys that ride choppers like a lady that can hold her own on 2 wheels as well. Our club, www.keystonekrawlers.com , is trying to plan and organize a ladies only ride...IF any men are allowed to attend they are shotgun only and if they try to be a backseat driver they will wind up duct taped to it (the back seat)...although the ladies said their men can spot for em /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

3. pismorat

pismorat 1/2 ton status

Man, get up to Cal Poly in San Luis Obispo!! Tons of hot chicks driving around big ass 4x4 Chevy's that they offroad. I find myself competing with them more than the guys. Most the guys have Pre-runners. Just the way it works around here. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

4. shupach

shupach 1/2 ton status

ya i always see this hot chick driving a really nice blazer around the neighborhood, its white and either has 33's or 35's, i havent seen it in a while, i think she goes to smu, nonetheless i always see her when im driving the vw.

phill

5. rick88blaze

rick88blaze 1/2 ton status

Man! I need a woman like that!! My wife hates the fact that I spend so much time and money on my K5. She also doesn't understand what the point of it all is. I just tell her that it relaxes me, and it's my favorite hobby. Even though on many occasion she hears me cussing up a storm over my K5.

6. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

[ QUOTE ]
    Man! I need a woman like that!! My wife hates the fact that I spend so much time and money on my K5.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is why the wise man does the full 1-ton conversion, engine/tranny/tcase swap and gets the big tires BEFORE he gets married. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif After that major stuff out of the way, the wife can only complain about how much TIME you spend with the k5. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

j

7. JDBlazer454

JDBlazer454 1/2 ton status

At least you thought "how ya doin?" and not "boy your boyfriend/husband sure lets you drive a nice truck". My biggest pet peve of driving a lifted k5 everyday. I do get the turned on looks quite often and the "Nod", I respect the "Nod" more often then a sexist comment. There isn't anything wrong with being turned on by a chick in a big beat up truck. Heck I love seeing a big truck and a sexy guy driving or an under construction mean sounding muscle car (nothing drives me over the edge like 3" exhaust through Flowmasters /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif just don't tell my husband /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif ).

8. Polaris

Polaris 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    At least you thought "how ya doin?" and not "boy your boyfriend/husband sure lets you drive a nice truck". My biggest pet peve of driving a lifted k5 everyday.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm with you, sista! I find that very offensive. I have so much blood, sweat, and tears into my Blazer and it feels very good to have done most of my own work. I do have my '4X4 GIRL' sticker on my driver's fender, have you seen that? I just turned my strap pink, too. It was a bit mauve before but now there's no mistaking /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif. It will show up much better on photos now.

On our last ride there were a lot of drunken idiots so the flirting was nonstop. It was kind of funny. Hubby was riding along with me for a little bit and some guys were hooting & hollering as I drove by. I just said to hubby, "That happens to me all the time. How about you?". He laughed. I like being able to keep up with the guys, especially the ones who are skeptical!

9. JDBlazer454

I'm getting a license plate frame made that says "Big Toys just aren't for Boys" hehehe. I have put just as many hours under my beast as my husband, yep I admit there are just some things I am just not strong enough for (like tightening u bolts or breaking loose overly tight bolts). He doesn't 100% trust me with his air gun yet /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

When we were doing alot of 4 wheeling and he was doing the first part of the driving then we would switch I would hear the comments, I can't believe he lets her drive or watch this she will be gentle on it. After they saw me do just as well as my husband and not be gentle with the old girl I got instant respect. After I was covered in mud I usually got the turned on looks /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

10. Calclips

Calclips 1/2 ton status

Swartz Creek, Michigan/Flint while in school

Yeah... chicks with trucks are way cool. Especially the ones that actually do work on them, I have nothing but respect for that.

11. Polaris

Polaris 1/2 ton status

I love the license frame idea. Cool! I've gotten to the point where I do like 90% of my own work. I have yet to use the big torch or the welder. I want to do that yet this year, and rocker knockers are what I want to start on. I'm a bit intimidated by the sparks flying, but I have worked up to the propane torch and the cutoff wheel. I think I'm ready for the big stuff. I used to never use air tools but I really like them now. With the exception of the air ratchet. Sprained my hand using that blasted thing last winter, but I still have to use it sometimes. Keep up what you're doing. I think it's great that I'm not the only one!

12. JDBlazer454

Welding is easier then it looks and lots of fun. I learned it way back in high school and helped my husband learn when he bought a wire feed a few years back. I was using the grinder on my front bumper the other day and it bit me pretty bad so my husband for a little while told me no grinding. He was impressed by how much I was bleeding and not complaining just kept on working /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif He brags to his friends how I was 8 months pregnant and helping him with a tranny so we could bring his yellow beast home.

You keep up all the hard work too /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif I think we are a real rarity.

13. Confedneck

Confedneck 3/4 ton status

ladys who like big trucks.. and work on them... where do i get one of them?? heh...most of the "big" trucks that ladies drive round here are super dutys on on 35s...and you know they dont work on them... probably wouldnt open the door if the handle was dirty...i respect anyone who works on their own stuff. even more so a woman... keep it up ladies... we need more of ya... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

14. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

My wife drives the 84 more than me nowadays(I have a company truck) and she knows her share of how a vehicle works. When we first met and she told me she knew a bit about trucks I popped the hood and grilled her about what this part was called and what that part did. She actually knew quite a bit.

One night last winter(Rene will remember my frantic phone calls), the truck wouldn't start for her. She was 60 miles from home, it was dark, and the temperature was about -15' Celcius(5' Farenhieit). I started to panic until she said "OK, I've got the air cleaner cover off and I'm looking at the carb. When I kick the throttle I don't see any gas coming out of the jets"!!!!!!

It ended up being a screwed carb but she was able to prime the bowl ande get the truck started and get home in one piece!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Gotta love it when your wife doesn't mind poking around under the hood and trying to figure out the issue before she calls you, eh?

15. willyswanter

willyswanter 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Theres a girl that lives by me that drives an 88 black k5 with 6" lift and 35's. Front windshield says "Powered by Bitch" /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

16. Topdown

Topdown 1/2 ton status

That kicks all measure of a$$. That is one lady I would be more than happy to buy a beer! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif