Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Laid down herculiner to firewall

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by xnoahx, Feb 5, 2003.

1. xnoahx

xnoahx 1/2 ton status

Finished up my herculiner job today. A few months ago I laid it down in the bed and today I finished it up with the cab. It looks a lot better than the old carpet I had in there, I did get a bit more road noise out of the deal too. There are pics on my site, the link is in my signature. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

2. 73K5Kid

73K5Kid 1/2 ton status

Looks great I got to get some picks of mine. I just finished herculining mine last week. I also have my new 36X12.50RX15 tsl radil swampers on. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

welcome to the herculined-tub-club. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif I did my tub about 2 years ago, still looks/works gr8. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

j

4. k5blazerus

k5blazerus 1/2 ton status

Herculiner kicks ass! I have hurculined my rockers, front bumper, rear bumper and the inside of the cab. This stuff is awsome. Just do not get it on anything on your body.
    Click on my webshot sig and look at my herculiner project and rear bumper. If you spray a clearcoat on it, it will stay nice and black. IF you dont the uv rays will dull but who care's .
    Colin

5. GMtrucklover

GMtrucklover Registered Member

Man that looks great. I have been thinking of doing it my self this spring. My interior is trashed. How much did it run you?? By the way the 89 clip looks freaking sweet with the full conv. top. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. jekbrown

wait for a sale at Napa, you can get it for around $70 a gallon. Goes on sale about twice a year,

j

7. Judd

Judd 1/2 ton status

Question for the folks who have the stuff on bumpers and in open air beds. Does the stuff chaulk out bad like some of the other "at home bedliners" I've seen?

8. xnoahx

xnoahx 1/2 ton status

All that has happened with mine from being exposed in the back most of the year is that its not as shiny and black as it used to be. Its faded a little. but its still on there just as good. I Had a bit of it peel off where a fork lift driver at home depot hit it with some pallets while they were being loaded into my bed but i just re-prepped the area and covered it back up.

The kit for a gallon of it is usually about $80, i got mine when they were having a $20 mail rebate also. the kit comes with the herculiner, a roller, brush, paint can opener, scotch brite pad, and instructions. All that you need to supply is gloves, maybe some masking tape, and some xylene or MEK

9. Judd

Judd 1/2 ton status

Thanks for the feedback. I'm waffeling on a spray in linning for the interior of my Blazer or doing the Herculiner thing.

10. jekbrown

i have herc, the only reason i would get line-x is if a) i was rich or b) i was really worried about sound deadening. Since I definitely don't care about noise, and don't count of being rich any time soon... herc was the way to go. wait for a sale at napa... $70 a gallon is a steal for what you are getting,

j