Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

LAKERS...FOUR CASTING

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by TONYP, Apr 20, 2003.

1. TONYP

TONYP 1/2 ton status

Can we say 4 in a row...
    what about you guys up north...are the Kings going to crown the LAKERS this year too...
    oh, yea. Don't forget the DUCKS!!!

[​IMG]

2. jackedjimmy350

jackedjimmy350 1/2 ton status

2 words...dirk nowitzki /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. potato76

potato76 1/2 ton status

3 words- wont win championship. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

4. RatMan

RatMan 1/2 ton status

dont listen to those guys, they dont know what they're talkin about /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

the lakers got this thing. 19 wins in last 21 games, average 100+ points/game. best center in the NBA (shaq) and IMHO, the guy who will come to be known as the best basketball player EVER (kobe) /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif. yes that means i think he will be better than michael jordan.

Lakers got it /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. jackedjimmy350

didnt you learn anything from the packers last season? /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

6. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

the pack aint no LA. If Shaq and Kobe can beat Sacramento (again) they will have their 4th championship in a row. No other team in the modern era has done the 4-peat...

I agree with what ya said about Kobe... he is gonna be considered one of the best eva if he doesnt get injured. Once shaq leaves, I dont see any reason why he shouldnt/wont average 40 pts a game.

j

7. jackedjimmy350

did the lakers even show up last night? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

8. jekbrown

nope. I think the Lakers got bored. they do that sometimes. Its all good, games like last nights seem to wake the lakers up and they kick azz the next game. I still think the lakers will win... prolly 5-6 game series.

j

9. jackedjimmy350

and the mavs make it a 2-0 lead. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif

10. jekbrown

they really escaped game 2 there... every shot they through up in the last 5 mins happened to fall... if just 1 or 2 had doinked it Bonzi woulda had em. Still, a good win for the mavs. I think that series will get interesting in portland though...

in any event, it dont matter. Lakers will win it all. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

j

11. Swanson52

Swanson52 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    nope. I think the Lakers got bored. they do that sometimes. Its all good, games like last nights seem to wake the lakers up and they kick azz the next game. I still think the lakers will win... prolly 5-6 game series.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep. Since Stern, in his infinite wisdom, instituted the 7 game series in the first rounds of the playoffs, the Lakers will be tough to beat. The new format favors their 'play hard when we need to' style. They don't have to give it up every game; hell, they have 3 they can lose now. And what the hell is up with Mark Madsen? How can the Lakers put this cat on the floor? He was wide open on the pick and roll last game, probably a dozen times with no one guarding him. How many times did he miss the easy 6-foot jumper off that? Every time he took it. You're fawkin fired.

12. TONYP

TONYP 1/2 ton status

they have to have one white guy on the floor, and I agree with you on the 7 game series...can they make the NBA last for 11 months?

13. jekbrown

personally i like 7 game series. if u lose a 7 game series, you cant bitch and cry about luck and crap (are you listening sacramento queens?!). The best team wins and thats all there is too it. Of course, beating shaq and kobe 4 times is gonna be tough for any team, and thats another reason i like it. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

AFA mark madsen goes, whats wrong with the guy? he cant shoot... but so what? Dennis Rodman couldnt shoot for jack all either, especially at the end of his career... but hes still considered a good player. Madsen puts out 110% effort the entire time he is on the court. He gets rebounds, and he does a good job defending the big forward position. When i watch the guy play Garnett or Wallace or <insert other big forward from the west> he really seems to hassle the guy. I didnt see much of game 2... but in game 1 vs garnett... the shots garnet was making over madsen where like 18 ft fade away jumpers with a hand in his face and stuff. Thats about all the defense you can ask for from a guy. I dont care if he can play offense. Kurt Rambis couldnt play O either... but teams need guys like him. Kobe and Shaq have all the O that the Lakers need.... the rest of the lakers just have to play their role.

j

14. Swanson52

Swanson52 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Dennis Rodman couldnt shoot for jack all either, especially at the end of his career... but hes still considered a good player.

[/ QUOTE ]

You sure are right. Maybe it is because he pulled down 15+ boards a game (leading rebounder in 97-98 for an unprecedented 7th consecutive season. 15.0 avg.) and played mad defense; nobody scored on the Worm. Ask Karl Malone. Good thinking. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

[ QUOTE ]
    He gets rebounds

[/ QUOTE ]

No he doesn't. He averages less than 3 boards a game. Look it up.

[ QUOTE ]
    and he does a good job defending the big forward position.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are SO right. Garnett only put up 35 last time versus the Lakers (who was guarding him again?), and averaged 26 PPG against the venerable Madsen this year. Great job on defense.

[ QUOTE ]
    but in game 1 vs garnett... the shots garnet was making over madsen where like 18 ft fade away jumpers with a hand in his face and stuff. Thats about all the defense you can ask for from a guy

[/ QUOTE ]

And Garnett and Weber still knock them down. It's all the defense you can ask from a subpar defender. All the D you can get from a good defender is; no inlet pass, steals, and maybe a block. Watch Ben Wallace and learn what good defense is all about.

[ QUOTE ]
    Kurt Rambis couldnt play O either

[/ QUOTE ]

Who ****in cares? Are we talking about Kurt Rambis? HE could board and play D. Show me some defensive stats on Madsen. Good luck finding them.

[ QUOTE ]
    the rest of the lakers just have to play their role.

[/ QUOTE ]

No the rest of the Lakers need to step it up when the time comes. When Madsen misses WIDE OPEN 6-footers, he has to go. But at least he is still snagging 3 rebounds and getting scorched for 25-35 a game. Keep carrying the flag for Madsen...I am sure he'll come up big in the CBA. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

15. jackedjimmy350

lmfao!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

swanson-1, jek-0. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

16. balzackks84

balzackks84 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

[ QUOTE ]
    and played mad defense; nobody scored on the Worm. Ask Karl Malone. Good thinking.

[/ QUOTE ]

I remember one time Rodman was all grabbin on Malone's a$$ in a game and it pissed him off to no end. I LMAO.

Back on topic: Minnisota leads 2-1 in the series. Lakers are goin down! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

17. jackedjimmy350

say goodbye to the lakers /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

18. Swanson52

Swanson52 1/2 ton status

Kobe worried about scoring all game long, then tanks when the chips are down. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif They better get their $hit together; the defending Champs might be the first to let the 'Wolves out of the first round.

19. TONYP

TONYP 1/2 ton status

Lakers need to play together as a team and not try to let just two guys do it all, Kobe needs some picks to get away from Anthony Peeler. Peeler is making him work hard to get open...But they still have to lose two more games to be out of it, thats going to be tuff for the wolves.

CAN YOU SAY MIGHTY DUCKS!!! they won 5uh...4 to 3

[​IMG]

20. Swanson52

Swanson52 1/2 ton status

Fisher picked it up last night-6 of 8 shooting from behind the arc. Fox is slacking pretty badly. Horry not contributing a whole lot either. What more can you ask of the Diesel, though? 28 with 17 boards...good game. They'll pull it together...