Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Lamb.......

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by dontoe, Jun 4, 2006.

1. dontoe

dontoe 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

My Wife, Lynda, loves lamb. But, it is prohibitively expensive around here. Anyone eat/buy it regularly? :confused:

Mark (SoutherSpeed), not included! :wink1:

2. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

You know, as much as we raise sheep around here, I have never seen it for sale regularly.

Try getting an in with a resteraunt supplier, I can get everything cheaper at work.

3. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

Around here, at least in restraunts, the pricing seems to be along the lines of steak...

I eat it here and there... But it seems to be one of those things that can either be delicious or so-so.... An old friend of mine, god rest his soul, used to make the best lamb I ever had! Wish I would've gotten his receipe before he passed on... His son didn't know it either, but he thoguht his trick was tha he rubbed the meat down with vinegar before cooking it.

Have to add..... I never looked at the price in a grocery store so I am not sure what it would cost to buy.. But I'll keep my eye out and see what the prices are like around here next time I go...

4. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

I ate one lamb chop about 8-9 years ago and that was the last.

5. dontoe

dontoe 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

I don't like it that much myself, my Wife is from England (near Mark, actually) so she ate lot more than we (around here anyway) do.

6. rdn2blazer

rdn2blazer 1 ton status Premium Member

I love lamb, grew up eating it. slow roasted lamb roast that is flame seared first is awesome when its cooked just right. damn, now I want to eat some lamb.

7. Russell

Russell LB7 Tahoe Status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I hear ya man!

I had a peice of lamb roast a few months ago, and I don't think I'll ever try it again...

It wasn't bad, but had a very unusual taste that didn't sit with me too well. Beef all the way!

8. Desert Rat

Desert Rat Fetch the comfy chair

Father-in-law is from Idaho and loves lamb. We eat it periodically and Safeway sells plenty of it. I also find it about the same price as steak around here though. I also have curry lamb all the time at the Indian buffet...

9. shewheeler

shewheeler 1/2 ton status

We don't eat it all that much, but I usually ask my mom to cook it for Easter. I don't know how to cook it just right, but my mommy does a really nice job with the roasts.

I'd probably eat it more if I knew how to cook it...:crazy: