Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

lame question...how do I know what rim size I have?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 77Jimmy, Jun 11, 2003.

1. 77Jimmy

77Jimmy 1/2 ton status

Just like it says. I think I have 15x10 rims but am not sure. I measured from the outside edge (street side) of the rim through the rim to the inside edge and it's 10 inches. My tire is 31x10.5x15. I think they are the stock rims.

2. PetaKane

PetaKane 1/2 ton status

If the tire size is a 15, the rim is a 15 as well. I don't think they are 15x10's though, that'd be insanely wide with only a 10.5" wide tire. They are probably 15x7's or 15x8's.

3. bigblock44k5

bigblock44k5 1/2 ton status

Drive over to a tire shop and drop one of the kids a buck or two to measure it for you. they have large calipers that go around your tire to measure rims width for the balancing machine.

4. gravdigr

gravdigr 1/2 ton status

if you have the stock rims they are 15x8 measure from where the bead seals edge to edge, not the outside of the rim but inside where the bead seals.

5. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

There is a stamp on the wheel (usually multiple) with one likely being near the valve stem. May have to pull the trim rings to get at them. Code will usually be something like "JJ" although some wheels will also have the size ("15x8") stamped in as well.

Stock steel rally's were 15x7 2wd, 15x8 4wd.

6. 77Jimmy

77Jimmy 1/2 ton status

Thanks to all for the info. Thinking more about it and I don't think I have the rally wheels, I have the wagon wheels but they aren't white, they're kind of faded silvery orange color after many years of who knows what. For what's it worth...

7. Blue85

Blue85 Troll Premium Member

Drive to any tire shop and say that you are interested in buying some tires. Then explain that you want to know what size rim you have. They will measure it and tell you no questions asked. Heck, they will even mount up new tires and rims for you so that you can see how it looks or if they fit.

I've never seen a 15x10 on a stock Chevy. Probably 15x8.