Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

lameo backed out on the deal......

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by hi pinion, Sep 16, 2004.

1. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

the jerk off who was supposed to sell me the mustang, backed out.....so i have my eye on this thing.......its got a blower mind you...... what do ya think??? [​IMG]

2. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    the jerk off who was supposed to sell me the mustang, backed out.....so i have my eye on this thing.......its got a blower mind you...... what do ya think??? [​IMG]

[/ QUOTE ]I think I would much reather have that then a stang !!!!

3. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

yeah.... i talked the guy down who had the stang to 6500 though /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif this ones alot more, but i think we would enjoy it more .I mean enjoy getting my neck snapped back eveytime we go out. /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif here another pic of the car it has a blower, cherry black paint, the works. I dont really know all that much aboout chevells.......is 67 the best year?? [​IMG]

4. big pappa b

big pappa b 3/4 ton status

I HATE YOU! I love the 67's I still kick myself for selling my 67 SS396 Convertible
    I'd love to have that car. Feel like adopting me /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

5. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

well if i ever kick my wife out,mabey. Can you cook? /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gifj/k is this the desired year though? /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. mosesburb

mosesburb For Rent Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Nothing wrong with the '67 model year. If it has disc brakes, then go for it /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif. It looks clean, has a good stance, and by the looks of the motor, looks ike it should have no issues in the acceleration department. If it fits your needs and is built as well as it looks, appropriate it already!!

[Homer voice] Mmmmmmm, blower [/Homer voice off]

7. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

yeah but whats the good year??? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif whats the desired year?? /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.giflike everyones favorite /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

8. 1-ton

1-ton 1/2 ton status Premium Member

[ QUOTE ]
    I think I would much reather have that then a stang !!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

I second that. Fords suck! They have non-adjustable rocker arms, the water pumps leak (even with 7 bolts holing them on), and the hex shaft between the oil pump and distributor is a weak design. Chevrolets and Chrysler big blocks are the best designed American V8's.

9. big pappa b

67's are my favorite year. It's the last year of the bigger body style. I like the sharper points on the front and rear fenders. Mine was tricked out a bit with a 9" ford rear, Hotchkis suspension, 4 wheels disc brakes and a T56 speed trans /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif
    It's got a bigger backseat too /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

10. mosesburb

Who cares what everyone else's favorite is. If YOU like it, that's all that matters. I think '67 has some sexy lines to it, both front and rear. My personal favorite is '70, but the reasons are my own and therefore irrelevant to this. It's a GM A body, it's all good!! The '66-'72 A body cars all share the same good components (for the most part--or the parts are at least interchangeable). If you like it, screw what the other people like, just get it. Like I said, my favorite year is '70, but if I was in the market for an old A body, I would definitely score that one if it is as nice as it looks and is in the right price range. The car looks real clean, and to liken it to a term better understood--If it was a chick, I wouldn't kick her out of bed for farting /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif.

Buy it Pinion,
    Buy it Pinion,
    Do it, it's calling you, "Buy me Pinion". Don't disappoint it. Don't let it go to a bad home. Go get it and let it share some quality time with the K5 /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif.
    Never know what might come of it........ /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

11. mosesburb

[ QUOTE ]
    I second that. Fords suck! They have non-adjustable rocker arms, the water pumps leak (even with 7 bolts holing them on), and the hex shaft between the oil pump and distributor is a weak design. Chevrolets and Chrysler big blocks are the best designed American V8's.

[/ QUOTE ]

/forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif

I couldn't agree more. Mopar built one helluva motor back in the day (still ok, but the new Magnums don't compare to the good stuff of the old days). If I wasn't raised in a GM household, I would definitely be driving an old Dodge of some sort /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif.

12. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Small block Muscle? I'd DEFINITELY pass.

13. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

nooooooooo! I want a '67 chevelle so bad! GET IT! then sell it to me for 10$ /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif

14. k5-newbie

k5-newbie 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    I think I would much reather have that then a stang !!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What are you talking about...My stang with the 347 had none of these issues and it was pushing 520HP at the rear wheels (on the juice). i've been racing mustangs since '94 and found them to be quite strong. Now the suspensions could use a little help .

As far as the '67 chevelle, that IS a sweet car. Don't buy it cause you think its THE year to get, buy it cause YOU like it.

Good luck

15. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    yeah but whats the good year??? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif whats the desired year?? /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.giflike everyones favorite /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[/ QUOTE ] Sence it's modified, the year doesn't matter. If you were looking for a 100% factory stock Chevelle, then I'd say a 1970 LS6. But sence were talking HOT ROD, my personal favs are the 66 and 67, love that body style.

16. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

Jake there really is no one Chevelle that is the most popular.

17. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

its just so hard to find a classic muscle car today withought being raped on the price.I wanted something fun already fixed up for my family to enjoy, just turn the key and go.Its not that easy , its 15 grand for something good today /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif the search continues.........(but ill probobly buy that one) /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

18. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

too bad, this ones SOLD!!!! in a matter of days.... /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif im starting to think i should just grab what i can grab, all the good cars are getting gone fast /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

19. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    its just so hard to find a classic muscle car today withought being raped on the price.I wanted something fun already fixed up for my family to enjoy, just turn the key and go.Its not that easy , its 15 grand for something good today /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif the search continues.........(but ill probobly buy that one) /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Just like 4x4s, it cost $30-40k to build one of those up, too.

$15k is a steal.

20. big pappa b