Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Lancaster/Palmdale/Edwards info

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by SubYuman, Feb 6, 2005.

1. SubYuman

SubYuman 1/2 ton status

Moving in June to Edwards from Hawaii and need info on jobs, housing...etc. Last time I was there was when I saw the shuttle come down in 82. Also looking for ghost town, campsite and trails info... as well as fabrication shops 'round there.
    Any Air Force motorheads what to "Sponsor" a like minded Marine/Army retired family on the base?

2. mr_clean

mr_clean 1/2 ton status

Wow, Club Ed! I spent 2.5 years there. Unfortunatley that ended in 92 so I can't help you too much, but I have a buddy I was stationed with who now lives in Palmdale. I haven't heard from him in a few years, but I'll try to see if I can get ahold of him.

Anything in particular you are looking for? I know Boeing and Rockwell are big on base (or at least were 13 years ago...), but that's all avionics stuff...

Scott

3. blazindorito

blazindorito 1/2 ton status

Housing is still pretty inexpensive compared to the rest of the desert! It has changed a bit but not much. Very hot thought. It's going to take a lot of getting used to especially since your from HAwaii! I drive through there when I go fishing to KErn river. If you love fishing from Edwards 1 1/2 from there or less./

4. SubYuman

SubYuman 1/2 ton status

Get used to it?

HAH!!!
    I lived 6 years in Yuma, Edwards doesn't get that hot. THe year we left, (97) They broke the record for consectutive days above 100...119!!
    I'm hoping to finish my degree and get to work there...finally.
    Anyone out there know what kind of offroad fun you can have out there?

5. mr_clean

mr_clean 1/2 ton status

Actually we would fly our planes out of Edwards to Yuma for hot weather testing....:D