Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Land surveying and can you do it yourself???Help....

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by chevyfumes, Nov 5, 2003.

1. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

I need to find the corners of my property, I've found one corner and have a rough idea of where two others are, so how do I figure out where the fourth is...I called around and it turns out my bung can't handle the abuse these assclowns wish to bestow upon my checkbook...So anybody got any helpfull hints or any local surveyors out there willing to help a member out.....? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

2. Rob 85K5

Rob 85K5 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Didn't you just close on the property??
    Got the survey from the closing or is this what you are trying to do? You will need a registered surveyor to seal any print for title purposes.
    If there is a telephone pole or other "permanent" object on that corner look at it around it. Most homes have a piece of rebar in the ground, you may have to pull back some ground cover to find it.

3. wraenking

wraenking 1/2 ton status

well, i do this for a living. if i were you , i would get a copy of your survey, and check the ties from the side property lines to the sides of the house. pull off the distance and make a mark, now start from the corner you already found and use a tape to pull the distance through the mark you made to the back corners. a metal detector really helps here. any more questions, feel free to ask.

4. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Thanks bud.... /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. ducttape114

ducttape114 1/2 ton status

depending on how accurate you need it to be, you could use a GPS. when your done you could mount it in the truck. but from the sounds of it you need to be more accurate than that eh?