Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Land use permit question.

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain Region' started by colbystephens, Nov 21, 2006.

1. colbystephens

colbystephens 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

ok, so while i'm in AZ this december, i'll be running up crown king (forest service land) and marinez canyon (state land?).

is it true that i can buy a day use permit at crown king - so i won't need to worry about getting a permit till i get there? (here in oregon you go to GI Joes and get an OHV permit which works pretty much everywhere).

Paul was saying that i need to mail in the form for the land use permit. should i buy the personal ($15) or the family ($20) permit? there will be more than one person in my vehicle, but i don't see why you need to pay 5 bux more for having more than one passenger. my dad was saying that this meant that for 20 bux, you could bring all your family vehicles to that location, which makes more sense. since i've only got 1 vehicle, the $15 should do fine according to that theory. which permit should i send for?

thanks dudes. see y'all in a month. :D

2. FWP

FWP CRS

In most of AZ you pass through State trust land getting to the trails. Anything in FJ, where Martinez is located, will require a State trust land permit.

I would call the Phoenix office, and see which permit you need, the individual or family. At the bottom of this page is the number to call.

http://www.land.state.az.us/programs/natural/rec_offroad_permit.htm

3. colbystephens

i contacted the office (you have to email them if you want a person instead of an automated voice). here's what i got back:

kinda goofy. sux too b/c i wanted a friend from az to join us, but i can't afford a $40 permit. :(

4. justhorsinaround

justhorsinaround 3/4 ton status

Something can probably be done about helping out with the affording part I spect.

5. colbystephens

i can do the $20 permit just fine, but paying an extra 20 bux just so i can take a friend on one wheeling trip... not worth it to me. it's enough of a stretch to buy a $20 permit just for one trip for myself. :)

6. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

PUSH ZERO anytime after it picks up :thumb:

7. colbystephens

yeah, i'm totally cool w/ the first 20, but a second 20 for one person, i can't justify. i never really wanted to do the trip to crown king with you guys - doing it with my family on a different day. the pics of martinez look amazing, so i'm super stoked about it. ;)