Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Large parts or vehicle transportation

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by kennyw, Sep 17, 2002.

1. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

I am in the process of planning my route from Oregon to Colorado, to Illinois, to Minnesota, then back to Oregon. Trip is tenatively planned for October. If anyone needs a vehicle transported along that route... I have a 1 ton diesel tow rig available on this trip.

2. uglychevyZZ4

uglychevyZZ4 3/4 ton status

when is your attentative return? i need springs in some other state , i forgot where though /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

3. Silver84k5

Silver84k5 1/2 ton status

If ya dont mind me asking, Whats the road trip for? thats one hell of an adventure...

4. kennyw

VACATION /forums/images/icons/grin.gif
    I'm from Illinois and my wife is from Minnesota. Heading back while it is still somewhat warm to see the fall colors. Should be leaving around Oct 10 and returning Oct 20-24? Nothing set in stone yet.

5. kennyw

Should have seen my vacation last year... Drove to Illinois from Central Oregon in a 1966 GMC 3/4 ton pulling a homemade 6x10 flatbed trailer loaded with 60-66 GMC parts (1 cab, 6 doors, 4 front fenders, 2 hoods, 2 tailgates, and 6 rims/tires...) Then stopped in Utah and picked up my sister who just graduated from College and moved her and all her stuff back to Illinois.

Crossed the Wyoming border and weighed in at 10,000# combined. Got 11 mpg the whole way out and 20 miles per quart of oil /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif I even came back without a bed on the truck pulling the trailer empty and only got 9 mpg coming back.
    Pics of that 1966 GMC truck on the way back empty are in my webshots album. Webshots link

6. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

Damn, shoulda came back with more stuff than you went with, you might of got even better mpg than the 11 LOL