Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Large wrecking yards in Seattle, WA area?

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by rcamacho, Feb 14, 2005.

1. rcamacho

rcamacho 1/2 ton status

I'm in need of a reasonably priced steering gear for my '87 and am also looking for miscellaneous interior parts and a CS144 alternator.

Q: Anyone in the Seattle area know of a BIG wrecking yard around here where I have a decent chance of finding 2nd gen blazers and perhaps a few C30's? I've tried Eastside Auto Wrecking Inc and Jim's Auto Wrecking but they do not have enough of a selection and the steering gear prices are upwards of $100. Perhaps I was a bit spoiled in CA by pick-a-part.

2. pvfjr

pvfjr 1/2 ton status

I've never found anything here in tacoma that impressed me either. Not at all like back in Oregon.

3. 4xrick

4xrick 1/2 ton status

well i have a steering box you can have for 50 bucks and as far as yard there are alot of them the biggdsst one I know of is affortable downtown on mlk 206 723 9820 got a friend who worksd there and there are also a bunch down in kent like aaa and budget. and why are you looking for alternator parts why not just get a new one for about 75 bucks.

4. rcamacho

rcamacho 1/2 ton status

Cool, thanks Rick. If the gear is in good shape I'll PM ya to arrange pick up. Regarding the alternator, a CS144 is upwards of 170-260 from local shops and specialty rebuilders. I was hoping to find an inexpensive core to see if it will fit my brackets and then rebuild it myself to 200A or so.

5. ntaj*ep

ntaj*ep 1/2 ton status

Theres two pick a parts on 99 one in Lynwood and the other in Everett, theres also one in Olympia....

6. 4xrick

4xrick 1/2 ton status

hey aaron isnt that pull-a-part i know we like making fun of it but dont get the poor guy confused

7. ntaj*ep

ntaj*ep 1/2 ton status

I think your right........pick-a-nut & pull-a-part always get them F'd up....

8. walla2k5

walla2k5 1/2 ton status

Walt & Vern's in the Buckley area. Specialize in 4x4's......

9. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

Budget and Triple A in Kent are both decent sized. Next door to each other, so it's kind of like a very large yard. Also, there is a new yard that opened up just down the street, not sure of its name, but it's part metal salvage, and somehow in cahoots with Binford Metal, if that helps you find it.

None of the three are pay to get in, and I know that budget has two K5's in there right now. Don't get down there (don't need to thankfully) as often as I used to, but last Friday walked out of Budget with all 4 14SF spring shackles, spring plates, a masticated rubber fender skirt for K-truck passenger side, and that K5 rear seat prop rod for $20. Not a bad deal at all IMO.