Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

largest tire on stock height 89-98, Dually rim Q also

Discussion in '1992-Present Chevy & GMC models' started by Seventy4Blazer, May 25, 2004.

1. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

well, i need to take the tire size up a bit on my dually. its a 96 4x4. as of now the front has sagged a bit, but the torsion bars are still in the stock adjustment location. so i need to take them up a little. without trimming TOO much waht is the biggest tire you have run WITHOUT rubbing?

i need to drop the RPM a bit. also it will be a skinny tire as well for highway and towing.

anyone know if someone makes 8 lug 19 inch dually rims or 17 inch dually rims?
    Grant

2. rodzzilla

rodzzilla 1/2 ton status

I'd probably stick w/a 255/85/16. Will be approx 32.5" +or- a fraction of an inch. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif Section width will be in the 9-9.5" range if I remember. I think rickson has 19.5's for dually's. I have just looked at their SRW applications. Rumor has it that Alcoa might be making a 19.5 dually wheel in the std 8 bolt pattern.

3. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

thanks. i looked into the big wheel kits from chrome wheel and like them. id like to go to the 20 inch semi alcoas now, but i cant afford the lift yet, and i dont have the diesel yet ethier. so i figure if i can swing a set of 19's then ill do that. buy tires as little as possible ya know...
    Grant

4. oh2dive4

oh2dive4 Registered Member

I have 235x85x16 on my 97 3500 crew cab 4x4 dually with no problems. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

5. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

I have the stock size tires on my 1998 dually and it looks like I could clear one size larger if needed. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

6. Pookster

Pookster 1/2 ton status

What is the stock tire size?

I had 265/75/16 on this truck, but as you can see, after using the wide body haimann fenders (5") the tires are WAY too small.
    [​IMG]
    im thinking of 285/75/16 which should give me a 33" tire, or a 305/70, which should give me a 33" but slightly wider.

I thouht aobut the 235x85's, but they look to be only 31"?

Thoughts? Comments?

7. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

I had 33" tires on my '92 dually. The front was cranked up some and the front bumper was notched a little bit.

I went back to stock and lowered the front back down. My mileage went up 4 miles per!