Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Las Cruces in Feb.

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain Region' started by NewMexK5, Feb 8, 2005.

1. NewMexK5

NewMexK5 1/2 ton status

Anybody going to the Chili Challenge this year? Didn't get the parts I needed for my jimmy but am going with a buddy that drive a fullsize j**p.:ignore: Wouldn't mind meeting some CK5ers down here in New Mexico.:D

2. therobzilla

therobzilla 1/2 ton status

Not going to happen from me this time, I have to deal with a working weekend industry trade show that weekend.:mad: :mad:

We are going to try to get a trip scheduled in March sometime. Run the same trails without the traffic.:grin: :D

Chile Challenge is a great time, enjoy it.

Maybe we will see you guys in March.

Rob

3. marv_springer

marv_springer 1/2 ton status

New Mexico connection....

Hey NewMexK5,

I won't make C Challenge either, but I will make a trip to Las Cruces / El Paso area this spring!

I have another ? for you ...

Is there any 4 wheelin' you could do in any of those mountain areas around that 62/180 Hiway between Carlsbad and El Paso...? Last time I drove thru there, I just wanted to pull off and explore.... but I've heard it's mostly private land :dunno:

Would you care to join us in the El Paso area later in the spring?

Marv

4. NewMexK5

NewMexK5 1/2 ton status

Cool, are local club had been talkin' about making a trip to Cruces later in the spring to stay away from the traffic. Never been to the C Challenge though and my buddy is going to take his FSJ down Petzcuaro's Revenge, I can't miss that.:crazy:

Marv, most of it is private land and guadalupe national park. I know some of the landowners and a few nice wheeling spots in and around Carlsbad. Other than that El Paso is only about two hours away for me I woul am always up for wheelin.:D Let me know.

5. SCOOBYDANNN

SCOOBYDANNN 1/2 ton status

me and a couple guys are gonna watch on saturday:frown1: (chile challange) been there the last 2 years and it awesome. we will be in the family cars and we're gonne hike (i think habanero falls) well be the abnoctious ones:grin: when you see a bunch of cars at the airdown spot--thats us.

Is there any 4 wheelin' you could do in any of those mountain areas around that 62/180 Hiway between Carlsbad and El Paso...? Last time I drove thru there, I just wanted to pull off and explore....

ive thought the exact same thing.

6. NewMexK5

NewMexK5 1/2 ton status

Just got the trail list today. We'll be on Habanero Falls of Friday and running the new trail Cayenne Crawler on Sat. Three rigs an early Bronco, Toyota, and FSJ. Wish I knew a few Chevys in the whole bunch. If anyone has a front 60 they want to part with I could make it in my own rig.:haha:

As for the trails along 62/180, I have been getting lost on them for years. Know most of the landowners though. That is where I first learned to drive. Closer to Carlsbad and just a little North are a few good wheeling spots. Mostly just camping and good scenery.:D