Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Las Cruces is the sh!t.....

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain Region' started by marv_springer, Feb 29, 2004.

1. marv_springer

marv_springer 1/2 ton status

Don't miss this trip if you have the opportunity!....

Thanks to the "Southwest 4wd" (or whatever their name was.../forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif) for the best organized event I've attended!.../forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

Marv

2. SCOOBYDANNN

SCOOBYDANNN 1/2 ton status

hoo ahhhh! thanks Marv, Rob and everone else i wheeled with. next year I'll be able to do the "extream" trails. next time you come down well have to finish Broad. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

3. FWP

FWP CRS

PICS!!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Breakage report???

Glad you are back...

Tell us more, c'mon Marv... Spill the beans /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

4. az-k5

az-k5 1/2 ton status

Glad you guys had fun. I second the pics vote. How did the buggy work with those TSL AT's that you run. How much more confident was rob with the superior CTM design... Come on don't hold back I was sittin' around today wishin' I was there. /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif

5. supersize75k5

supersize75k5 OrganDonorRacing.com

I swung by robs on my way home and he had just got back, he needs a new title or nick name, rummers say he didn't break nothin /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

if las Las Cruces is as nice as he says.. I want to go if I ever have a nice rig /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

6. marv_springer

[ QUOTE ]
    those TSL AT's

[/ QUOTE ]

/forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif..... Those TSL AT's aren't worth diddly! I never should have (listened to Rob and...) bought them. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

The New Mexico rocks were a little more slippery than our typical Az ones. I found traction to be a little elusive /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif...

After all I've seen, I think the next set of tires I buy may be MTR's. They seem to do the best in almost all types of terrain.

Break report: /forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif

Marv:
    1 stock front D44 inner
    rear D60 diff cover
    frame crack @ steering box

Danny:
    rear driveshaft

Rob:
    nuthin.... /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif

Ryan:
    front shackle bolt (where's Matt when you need him... /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif)

We had a damn good time!.... Rob was much more confident... In fact, Confucious (sp?) would say that Rob has hands in pocket - and feels cocky!/forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

Marv

7. SCOOBYDANNN

SCOOBYDANNN 1/2 ton status

Rob didn't break anything, but he was the first one there when someone did. Let's just say the cromos and ctm's "got it" Believe it or not I don't think anyone got pictures. I know rob got some video, but that was it.

8. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

frame crack on the buggy?
    or are you driving something esle as well?
    grant

9. marv_springer

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup....

I guess when you use lotta Chevy parts.... the whole damn thing acts like a Chevy /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I guess frame #2 will be double reinforced at the st-box mount.

Marv

10. supersize75k5

supersize75k5 OrganDonorRacing.com

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup....

I guess when you use lotta Chevy parts.... the whole damn thing acts like a Chevy /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I guess frame #2 will be double reinforced at the st-box mount.

Marv

[/ QUOTE ]

/forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

.... /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

11. desertrat67

desertrat67 Hawk Driver

I took standard pictures(forgot the digi cam, I = dummy). i pic them up tonight and will try to scan them and post them. But danny is right, Rob is great. Anytime one of us broke he was there with a part(front shackle bolt in less than 10 seconds) or tools to help. I will have to say that Rob and Marv a great people to go wheeling with. They prodded me into putting my crewcab concoction in places i didn't think it would go. And Rob did get blamed for the AT's several times over the weekend.

ryan

12. az-k5

az-k5 1/2 ton status

Ha, a shackle bolt... go figure /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif. My second run with rob required a few bolts from his collection and some drilling. He was so non-shelont (sp) about it, that is where he gained my respect. Then marv told me more about him and I don't know anymore (rob j/k /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif)