Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

LAST issue of 4x4 Power !!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 89Jimmy, Jun 12, 2000.

1. 89Jimmy

89Jimmy 1/2 ton status

4x4 Power arrived today and said that this is the last issue. What a bunch of crap. It seems that any mag that has some lo-buck, do-it-yourself articles gets cancelled and the "Look!!! A new Lincoln Navigator!!! For only $50 k!!!" magazines roll merrily along. The editorial reads like 1 corp owns most of the 4-by mags out there. Guess it shows you who their target audience is. Or maybe who it isn't.
    Nothing accomplished by my bitching. Just needed to vent.
    Thanks for listening.

John

So Much to do, So LITTLE cash.

2. 72Blazerod

72Blazerod 1/2 ton status

It makes me sick too!!! I love 4x4 Power. What are we poor guys to do? I don't have the tens of thousands of dollars to buy a Hummer, so I need those "How-to" articles just to keep my 72 K5 on the road. Well as they say, only the good die young!

3. det45

det45 1/2 ton status

All of thosw rich %$& *%&^# can kiss my &^%..... Let them keep their lincolns and hummers.....Us down to earth hardcore K5ers rock on with our 4x4s and are not afraid to get a little mud on our helmets. Lets make our own magazines man! Roll our own, brew our own baby..............Yeah

4. Waxer

Waxer 1/2 ton status Author

I just paid for a full years subscription about 3 months ago. This better be a hoax. I got the issue today and see the cover.

5. Jeff427

Jeff427 1/2 ton status

Write emapusa at fbyfsubs@emapusa.com and ask them to not to discontinue 4x4 Power. Remember to ask politely and use your name and address so they know it is a legitimate request. You can also try 4x4pwr@emapusa.com. Just don't vent at them or they'll just hit the delete button.

Jeff427
    http://jeff427.coloradok5.com/
    <font color=red>Mud Dog Off Road Club</font color=red>

6. Jimbo

Jimbo Registered Member

I'm with the rest of you. I have subscribed to it since it's birth and I love it. I have used many articles out of the mag to work on my truck. The grease is on the pages to prove it.....My question is. I subscribed till 2003. Now what, will they reimburse me or what. Guess I'll have to email emap and see............

7. Chris Demartini

Chris Demartini 1/2 ton status

<font color=blue>I liked 4x4 power too. Especially the one with the coil sprung 1st gen Jimmy in it (even though it had a 383 powered Early Br*nco). Ever since Peterson Publishing bought out Four Wheeler and JP Magazine (whatever that is) they basicly have the whole 4WD magazine market to themselves. I like 4W&OR and FourWheeler just as much as the next guy, but who needs 3 Grand Cherokee buildups in 18 months? As I sit here I'm flipping through the July issue of 4W&OR, sure 4x4Quad is cool, but how many of us who go off-road can afford that? I can also do without the huge new vehilce coverage too (new trucks aren't trucks anymore). And how come the only fullsizes they feature are show trucks? J**ps aren't the only ugly trail rigs out there.

Oh yeah, one more thing.... Back when Fullsize Fourwheeler came out, I subscribed to it YET NOT ONE HAS COME IN THE MAIL!!!! The only place that I know of that carried them is out of bussiness. Do they have a website yet? </font color=blue>
    http://www.chrisd71k5.coloradok5.com

8. Depdog

Depdog 1/2 ton status Author

What I want to know is where is the rest of the money I paid for the subscription gonna go?

Depdog

<font color=blue>"Lead, Follow, or BECOME the Trail"</font color=blue>

9. ED70K5

ED70K5 1/2 ton status

Are you serious???? I just renewed for three years!!!!! I LOVE that magazine!!!! 4X4 POWER always has coverage on K5s, especially the first GEN. K5s. I hope this is some kind of JOKE!!

Blazin' in TEXAS!

10. Shawn

Shawn 1/2 ton status Premium Member Author

No joke. Right on the front cover:
    THIS IS IT!
    COLLECTORS EDITION
    LAST ISSUE EVER!
    That really stinks. The technical articles have outdone all 4x mags in the last ten years. Jim Allen provided some great articles lately. Seems like a good thing never lasts!
    My subscription doesn't expire until Aug 2001.

Shawn

11. Brady

Brady 1/2 ton status

I'd like to know what happened to Fullsize Fourwheeler also!!!I Paid my money and recieved zip!!!!Seen it in the store afterwards and bought it.(big dummy)Need to write them and demand my cash or the Mags!!!I really didn't care for 4x4 power that much seems to be a repeat of the others.Same exact articles as I think fourwheeler.Seriously check it out they are identicle.Brady

12. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

That S*cks, even though I never was an avid reader of of it. I like FOURWHEELER, but I hate to see 4x4 Power leave us. Yeah, I'd like to know what happened to Fullsize 4x4 also.

http://www.blazer.coloradok5.com is now under construction[​IMG]
    YEEEE HAWWWW[​IMG]

13. J.R.

J.R. Guest

i just emailed my opion of what they are going to be doing,i think everybody should drop them a line and tell them what you think about it!!!!

BIGBLOCK MAN

14. CK5

CK5 In my underwear Administrator Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

Timing is everything, I just sent in last month 11.00 bucks for a two year subscription, I guess I just got one 11.00 magazine.

Steve

15. Jason73K5

Jason73K5 1/2 ton status

I'm not positive, but 4x4 Power always looked to me like a compilation of articles from Four Wheeler and 4W&OR. I never thought it was really worth getting since I was already subscribed to the other two.

16. Brian 89KBlazer

Brian 89KBlazer 1/2 ton status

Now I'm sooky!!![​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] I just wrote them a while ago to tell them that they have the BEST magazine on the go. Like alot of you said, it has articles that are REAL, not reviews of the latest Grand Cherokee vs the Expedition vs. Tahoe etc. Not that that's a bad thing, it's nice to read the latest specs once, but not every month over and over! 4X4 power in my opinion, in it's short time, has become THE BEST [​IMG] magazine. And no offense Jason73K5, but if anything, the others should copy some of 4x4Power's ideas. For all of us here, look at the Blueprinting section in March 2000, "73-91 Blazers!!! All the swapping, parts, availability facts you could want!!
    Oh well, time to hit the email and try to save 4x4Power. Maybe we can get them to ditch JP Mag!![​IMG][​IMG] and keep 4x4Power!!

Brian
    89KBlazer

17. Boss

Boss 1/2 ton status Author

Dude,

That pisses me off! I just sent in $11.00 for the next two years about 2 months ago too. I'm gonna email them and find out if we're gonna get our money back or not. This sucks, that was my favoriate mag.
    Boss

18. '73 K5

'73 K5 1/2 ton status

That sucks hard. That was completely my favorite magazine...except for "Big-uns" lol Anyways, I just emailed them and I hope that helps, or at least gets me my subscription money back.

'73 K5
    Chevy good...Ford bad

19. MICHIGAN BLAZER

MICHIGAN BLAZER 1/2 ton status

The topic of their last issue should have been: REFUNDS..........how to get yours.

<font color=red>MICHIGAN BLAZER
    <font color=green>89 Fullsize Blazer
    87 Cherokee
    65 IH Scout

20. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

I don't think that Petersen publishing owns any of them any more. EMAP bought 'em all last year. Four Wheeler, 4W&OR, Hot Rod and Car Craft are all owned by EMAP now. I didn't subscribe to 4x4 Power, so I'm not sure of their ownership. You can find out by reading the fine print about the publication near the front of the mag.

I did buy one copy of Full-Size Fourwheeler or whatever it was called. It sucked. As stated previously, it was just a magazine full of reprints of stories I'd already read in the other mags I subscribe to. Never bought another copy...

You might want to check out 4-Wheel Drive and Sport Utility magazine. It's pretty Jeep oriented, but they have some great trail articles and many of the build-up ideas easily adapt to the K5 world. [​IMG]

<font color=black>HarryH3 - '75 K5</font color=black>
    http://ThunderTruck.ColoradoK5.com