Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

last kink in the 454 swap

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Larry_in_Tx, Jan 31, 2003.

1. Larry_in_Tx

Larry_in_Tx 1/2 ton status

I put a 454 in place of the tired old 350 in my Jimmy and I'm having a hard time finding a hose to work off the pressure side of my power steering pump. The problem is the bend off the back of the pump brings the original hose too close to the header and anything I've checked out at the parts store doesn't come close to fitting in any direction. It might be that I'm not asking for the right thing when I trying to find one or the guy behind the counter is just as goofy as I am and can't find what I'm asking for.

Just wanted to get some ideas from yall and see what worked for those that have done a BB swap before I get a hose made to fit this thing.

Thanks for any help

2. rchandler

rchandler Registered Member

if you have a short waterpump get a hose for a 70 pickup with bigblock. if its a long waterpump get one for a 3/4 or one ton bigblock 4x4 truck 73-80 /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. jeffro

jeffro 1/2 ton status

Try pointing the elbow down, then sweep up and over to the gearbox. That is if the new water pump doesn't work. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif